Monday, April 23, 2018

Squirrels, tee-pees, arrows and x's....


I love fabric. I love the textures and the colors, but most of all I love the prints. For me quilting is all about the fabric. That's one of the reasons I choose to make quilts with big blocks. {Also, the thought of making an intricately blocked quilt makes my head hurt.} This particular quilt I absolutely adore because of the mix of printed fabrics...


I found the squirrel fabric and built the quilt around these adorable creatures. I love their rosy cheeks.


The arrow and tee-pee fabrics were found at Hobby Lobby...


Because I love the fabrics and the color combinations on this quilt, it's going to have to go to a special little one. Don't know who yet, but it'll come to me in time. I finished the back with the tee-pee fabric and scraps from the rest of the quilt fabrics...


The longarm quilter used a "woodland paw print" design. It has paw prints of deer, bears, bears and other creatures...


I love making these simple quilts. They are fun and easy to assemble, and I love giving away something that I've created myself.