Saturday, September 30, 2017

Blake's Quilt...


It's been awhile since I've published a post, but I've been very busy with a complete kitchen remodel and completing quilts. Mind you, we're not doing the kitchen remodel ourselves, but it still takes a lot of time to pick out fixtures, cabinets, countertops, etc.

A couple of weeks ago I had nine quilts that I'd gotten back from my longarm quilter and each one was in need of binding. I'm happy to say I have finished all those quilts in the last two weeks! Two of them were for grandkids and seven for sons or daughters of ours. This one is for our eight-year-old grandson Blake...


When I asked Blake for his favorite colors and themes for a quilt, he gave me -- green, teal, and orange; tigers, cats, and owls. Unfortunately, he didn't get one of those in this quilt. When I saw this fox fabric I immediately thought of Blake, and that was the end of my search! It wasn't hard to find two contrasting fabrics...


I love this foxy fabric from a Robert Kaufman line called Minis Fox Natural.


Blake is such a fun kid. He always has a smile on his face, and he has no fear. He came for a visit this summer with his brother and sister. One day we drove up to a swimming pool for an afternoon of fun, and he immediately stated he was going to jump off the high dive {operative word being "high".} The mother/grandmother in me got a little scared. I didn't want to be accused of my cutie patootie getting hurt on my watch from a colossal belly flop. He, however, was undeterred.


Without a thought he marched right up to the end of that diving board and hurtled himself off. I held my breath till he broke the surface of the pool multiple seconds later. I love his enthusiasm for life.


I chose a cute swirly pattern for the quilting. It's playful and fun like Blake...


I've decided I'm not going to post photos of my kid's and kids-in-law's quilts. I was going to post pictures but not tell whose quilt it is, but some of them look so much "like" the person that I'm pretty sure they will know it's theirs. I want their quilts to be a surprise, so I've decided not to show a picture of those quilts till after they open them for Christmas.