Monday, November 26, 2012

This 'n that...


For those in the USA, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We only had one child at home, but we had some wonderful one-on-one time with him so it was great. My husband and I were thrust into the 21st century this weekend when we {finally} purchased a big screen TV. We'd held off on that purchase for years, but we finally succumbed to the pressure and we're loving watching our favorites on a BIG screen. We purchased this sideboard from IKEA to use as the new TV stand. I absolutely love it. It's pale gray and you can hide all the "junk" behind closed doors. Fabulous and economical!
In the last two weeks I've repainted our living room and study. This week I'll be "stenciling" one of the walls in our study. I'm actually going to be using the stencil as a pattern, but I'll be painting the outline with a brush. Should be interesting -- and time consuming -- and tiring, but I hope we'll love the finished product. Here's the stencil I plan on using...


I'll do a subtle tone-on-tone, much like I did in our bedroom (below)...


I also plan on making a few of these for the grandkids this week...


These crayon caddies are a fun gift for little ones. You can find my tutorial here. All in all I have a busy week planned!