Monday, September 21, 2009

Trick-or-Treat?

This morning I mentioned I was in a creative mood. I bought some Halloween fabric last week with the hope of making a little something for our grandchildren for Halloween. I decided to make little trick-or-treat bags that they could use year after year -- at least while they are small and need only a little tote (rather than a pillowcase). I drew up a pattern and hoped for the best. Generally, there is a lot of tweaking when I come up with a new pattern. It rarely works the first time. This time the original pattern worked like a charm...

Because this was a first attempt with this pattern and I anticipated having to change it, I didn't really consider my fabric choices very carefully. Honestly, I thought this little bag would make it about as far as the trash. If I'd known the pattern would work the first time, I wouldn't have put black on black fabric. Next time I'll do better with fabric selection. Still, it turned out pretty cute...

Don't know if I'll end up selling any of these. I'll see if I'm up to it after making one for each of the grandkids!


Bag measures about 8"W x 9"H x 4"D with 14" straps.