Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Brave Front

Yesterday Shannon, Dallin, and I flew back from Tennessee to Colorado. It was 81 degrees when we got in the car at the airport to make the 45 minute drive home. When we arrived home I noticed my blooming perennials were a little parched, so I turned on the sprinklers to give them a good drink and they immediately perked back up!

Overnight the temperature must have dropped about 60 degrees, because this morning we woke up to great big, wet, fluffy snowflakes. Such is life during Springtime in Colorado. My perennials are trying to put on a brave front. The bachelor buttons are attempting to stand tall in the midst of the cold ... It's probably a good thing that I haven't planted any annuals yet. Sometimes I get anxious and plant them too soon. This primrose and coral bells will bounce back just fine ...
This little primrose is sheltered well, because it is in the shade of a pine tree ...
Our birdie, however, looks like it's frozen solid and having a tough time of it ...