Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Robot Pillow...

Last week I showed you this rocking chair that I recovered. In that post I mentioned that I would be making a "Robot Pillow" to accompany the rocker. This rocker will be placed in the nursery my daughter and her husband are planning for their little boy who will be born this summer. This was my second attempt at said pillow. I've decided I'm a better designer of owls and chicks than robots. I still have a lot of room to get my robot thing down, but here's what I came up with...





I do like the computer display on his tummy. A variety of sewing machine stitches work well to give a computerized effect...


I chose an outer-space fabric as the "frame" on the pillow...


and a yellow swirly fabric as the backing. I've been putting zippers on the back of my pillows lately. I love how a zipper tightly holds the pillow together...


It's kind of a goofy little pillow, but it reflects well the theme for the room, and I like the bright, cheery colors!


Linked to...
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Hookin' Up with House of Hepworths
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans

21 comments:

Brandi said...

Wow, what a great pillow! Lots of fun colors in the fabric you chose!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

somehow I missed the rocking chair. It's gorgeous!
I think this robot pillow is so adorable! I love the colors, the fabric AND the stitching is perfect suzanne!
ohhh, someday I will be a grandma. :)
gail

Krista said...

That is adorable. Love the pinwheel on top of his head. Your grandson will love it!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

He is so cute! I love the colors and the tummy is absolutely perfect! You always make such great things, Suzanne! :)
xoxo,
Amy

Jerri Neddermeyer said...

Love that stitching on his tummy! Awesome!

mommatojoa said...

You are so creative and I absolutely LOVE this pillow! I never would have thought of something like this. My son would love it :)

Wonderful!

ada ve deniz said...

çok sevimli:)))

Kathleen said...

Suzanne, it is adorable. Did you hand stitch all the appliques on? WOW

Suzanne said...

Kathleen - I never handstitch (too much work!) -- I used the blanket stitch on my machine. ;o)

Paula said...

I love it!!! Great job. :)

Malmbergs said...

I think it is great! Especially because you designed it - it means even more.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Suzanne,
You always have the cutest creations. Now that our kitchen is back together, I can't wait to get back into my sewing studio!

Have a terrific Tuesday. ~Natalie

Julie Harward said...

You are SEW creative...the things you come up with are awesome! This is just darling too...you have a wonderful eye for colors and cute ideas. :D

Melissa said...

He is cute, bright, and happy to look at.

annemarie said...

I love this pillow!

Mia said...

The stitching on his belly panels is so much fun! I love the patterns you made, so cool.

Chris said...

I think your little robot is adorable! You did a great job and I really LOVE those fabrics together. Your little grandson is very blessed to have you as his granny! :)
When I saw your post last week about the rocking chair I thought "How did she know I was getting ready to help my daughter recover HER rocking chair for HER baby's nursery!!???" :) The chair is almost the same. We bought some cute polka dot fabric by Ryleigh Blake . It is in the line "Sweet Nothings" Thanks for the encouragement..and you didn't even know. :)

Tara Nelson said...

I bet your grandkids have fun with all the pillows you must have around.

Meaghan said...

I found your link through a linky party. I love this pillow. You did an amazing sewing job. I also love the colours.
Meaghan
http://raisingourfamily.blogspot.com

Dacia said...

That pillow is absolutely adorable!

SueHamen said...

What a super cute creation! My son would absolutely love this. Hmmm, I might have to get creative.