Wednesday, April 06, 2011

New Tote Pattern...

This week has been a busy one. My youngest daughter and her husband are graduating from college this weekend, and then they will be moving here and hanging out with us for most of the summer. So happy! In the fall they are off to law school back east, so I've been feathering the nest and doing a little spring cleaning.

I thought I'd show you the other tote I made for myself from the 241 Pattern at Noodlehead. This time I enlarged the pattern a little. I have a ton of things I carry with me, so I need a roomy purse. I took the pattern piece entitle "center panel" and added 1/2 inch along the fold line. That enlarged the middle panel by a total of 1 inch. Since there are two of those panels on the purse that added two inches to the width of the tote. Perfect for me and all my stuff...


I adore this purse. It's the only one I've had in a long time that actually stays put on my shoulder. Love that about it...


I chose a somewhat neutral fabric combination (brown and a natural linen look) -- of course there is a pop of turquoise and lime! Yum...


In addition to the two pockets on the outside of the purse, I added two pockets to the center panels of the lining (see above). I just tucked those right into the seams.


Have a great day!