Monday, April 11, 2011

Scrappy Bibs

You might be wondering why so many projects of mine are baby related lately. There's good reasons for that, but first let me tell you about the adorable bibs I created a couple of days ago. Early last week I got inspired by this Scrappy Baby Bib Tutorial at Zaaberry! I loved her scrappy bibs, so I decided to make some too. Heaven knows, I have plenty of scraps!

I gathered some coordinating scraps of fabric, cut them into strips, and sewed them together. Then I added a piece of flannel to the top and bottom ...


I followed the tutorial at Zaaberry by placing my bib pattern over the fabric and cutting it out. I used a plain piece of flannel for the back, and I attached a piece of fusible fleece to the underside of the bib front. I didn't need to buy any fabric for this project -- all pieces were scraps I already had!

Now to tell you why I am making all these baby items. You must know by now that my youngest daughter and her husband are expecting a baby boy in...


Several weeks later another little grandson will join my son, his wife and their two little girls in...


And finally a baby girl will be joining my daughter, her husband and their two little boys in...


That's right. Three grandbabies due in June, July and August! Now, I ask you, "Could it get any better than that?" My answer... "Actually, yes!" Because those three little newborns will join the four granddaughters and four grandsons we already have! Life is very, very good for this granny!


And that is why most of my sewing projects {of late} center around babies!

Linked to:
FFA Friday @ Sassy Sites