Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday...

I've always considered July to be the zenith in my garden. Everything is in full bloom and at its peak. Toward the first part of August the heat starts to take it's toll and the flowers begin to wilt a bit. Then as September approaches, temps cool down and the garden has one last "hurrah" before Fall sets in. For now, my blossoms are thriving. Here are a few photos of what's happening this week.

Ahhh, lovely Impatiens...
What would I do without their sweet, cheery faces!?!

Lilies are starting to burst...

I've always loved this little succulent called "Hens & Chicks."
You can see one to the left (& back) of the base of this birdbath...

Of all my flowering plants this year, the petunias are the star of the show.
To be honest, I've never much cared for petunias,
but after their gorgeous display this year
I've changed my mind.

Roses are in full swing, strutting their stuff...

Last but not least my clematis are beginning to bloom..

To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts or to join in on the fun,
go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!


16 comments:

perennialgardener said...

My flowers are starting to look like it's August already. It's been so hot! I love your Impatiens, they are such a pretty little bloomer. :)

Sarah said...

You have the most beautiful garden personal I have ever seen. I wish I could see it in real life! I am sure it is even better in person. It makes me look forward to the day that I can have a nice lawn and garden!

Terrell said...

GORGEOUS!!! These are just amazing! You've gotta be so proud!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Bonnie said...

WOW, everything looks wonderful!

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

As usual I have enjoyed looking at your flowers. I enjoyed a glimpse of your pretty patio, too, in one of the pictures.

Lynn said...

Your flowers are beautiful, so full and lush looking! I know what you mean about petunias, but they do always grow and are full of blossoms all summer. I planted pots of them this again this year.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful blooms. Lovely clematis and wow your petunias are stunning.

Julie Harward said...

It's all so beautiful...I love the big trees in your yard too..just gorgeous! Have a great 4th! :D

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Oh your yard is beautiful!! So green and lush with flowers. You definitely have a green thumb!

Jean said...

Your garden may have had a slow start but it looks like it caught up now! Everything is gorgeous! Jean

Mary-ham said...

Yayayayay! They survived my "babysitting." I'll be honest. I was reallllly nervous. They are so beautiful, I was sure I'd sabotage them somehow. Hopefully the worst damage was some water spots on your window.

bettyl said...

What lovely flowers you have! Such a colorful carpet of blooms.

Meg said...

I am so with you the petunias are gorgeous this year. I usually have a gorgeous display of coleus but they all have some sort of leaf drop thing. Your gardens look great and I love your redo chocolate bowl, I've had a hard day and an overnight in the guest room might help. I picked up something similar at auction and it is painted this ugly blue. I will try your technique. Thanks Meg

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your yard sure is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Love & blessings from NC!

Ms Bingles said...

Oh, I love your blog! I will for sure sign up to be one of your followers! I am new at this and have just started my own.
Anyway, Happy 4th to you and yours!
Leticia

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

What a beautiful yard and gardens. Your plants look so healthy and full.