Monday, June 14, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday...

We're a bit soggy along the front range in Colorado today. This past weekend we had high temperatures in the 50s and rain by the bucketful! My poor container plants are doing the backstroke just to stay afloat, but the trees and grass look kelly green and spanking clean! Before the rain started my roses started blooming, so this morning I went outside and took a few shots. Just a few varieties have begun to bloom. More should come on the scene soon...

My peonies have finally started to bloom also -- several weeks later than usual. Peonies have got to be one of my favorite flowers. They are the full-figured gals of my garden. So voluptuous and gorgeous!

There's nothing like a vase full of peonies to brighten up a room -- so beautiful...

To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts or join in on the fun,
visit Ms. Green Thumb Jeans.


14 comments:

Renee said...

I love peonies!

Lynn said...

Peonies are one of my favorites too. We are getting buckets of rain also. Everything is lush green but we need some sun and heat to bring on the flowers.

Julie Harward said...

I love both roses and peonies...we don't even have flowers this year, it's been such a crazy year weather wise, we've had our furnace on the last 3 days! Your flowers are really pretty, thanks for sharing them...come say hi :D

Caceres Family~ said...

Oh I love your roses and peonies! you take wonderful photos I feel like I can almost smell them :-)
Have a wonderful week~
blessings,
katrina

perennialgardener said...

Peonies in June, lucky you! :) Mine are long since spent & gone.

Tracy said...

The pink / peach / yellow rose is breathtaking. So are your peonies. I don't have any in my yard but after seeing so many beautiful pics of them on people's blogs this spring, I definitely need to get some!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hoppin' over from Jeans Bloomin' Tuesday link party. Your roses are fantastic. Peonies are my absolute favorite flower as well. Sadly, mine are done blooming here. Can't wait to check out more of your blog!

Thanks for sharing.

Darlene said...

All of your varieties of roses are gorgeous and the peonies are BEAUTIFUL!!!

The Pickled Herring said...

I love peonies, i love roses, and i really love that it's flower-blooming-time!

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful roses and peonies. Becca

Staci said...

I think my favorite thing about peonies is their various stages. I love the little ball buds and the big ole blooms. My grandma had HUGE peonies along the pasture fence by her clothes line.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I am so loving these colors, and the details.

Jen

Jean said...

Can't beat the combination of raindrops and roses. I especially like the yellow ones, just lovely!I can almost smell those gorgeous peonies! Jean

Alyssa said...

Your peonies look great! I love how they are so full as well and I love that there are always plenty for cutting!