Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday...

Happy Bloomin' Tuesday! We've finally warmed up in Colorado. Yesterday it was 94 degrees. Today's high is only expected to be 79 degrees, so we're getting a little reprieve. This morning it is cool and lovely.

We've finally gotten most of the "heavy" work done in our garden. Seeds and seedlings are planted. Fall leaves are collected and trashed. Bushes and trees are trimmed. Plants are staked. All the spring clean up work is finally completed. All this happened a little late this year because our spring was so wet and cold! Usually these tasks would be completed by mid May. Such is life.

I have a few collages to show what's happening in our garden this week. With the warmer days our flowers are starting to fill in and take off. Here's a glimpse of our Colorado garden...





Hop on over to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's
to see more Blooming Tuesday posts!
Have a wonderful day!


13 comments:

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Yay! what gorgeous photos!

Katie said...

LOVE those white bellflowers (but I really have a thing for white blooms.)

perennialgardener said...

Whew! Sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy. It's been too hot here to do that kind of work, that was completed in April. All your hardwork is paying off with all those beautiful blooms you have in the garden. :)

The Gough Inn said...

This time of the years is such a busy time for those who love having a garden of any kind -- it's been raining here and keeping from planting. But O my those photo of how your garden looks once all your hard work takes off -- it's awesome -- and wow the choices you have planted are well tboughtout I can tell -- it's giving me ideas and making me wish for my hard work to show it's beauty already! Happy planting!

Tracy said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Love all the pinks together in one collage!

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful Suzanne. All of your flowers are beautiful. I love the pinks in the last colage. Have a good day. Becca

Did you say 94 in Colorado. I didn't know it got that warm there. My sis used to live in Breckenridge. Our temps are very warm too.

rhonda said...

Suzanne, your garden photos are beautiful. I see a hosta in the background. Do you have many? Love hostas! ~~Rhonda :)

Paula said...

94* where you are! WOW - we would cook with those temps too! It has been raining here so only about 60*. Love all your colorful blooms.
I also put a perm link in my side bar for your wedding lighting post - hope that is ok with you.
Thanks! Paula

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

It was cooler here in NW Pennsylvania, too, this morning -- a chilly 47 degrees! It did warm up nicely though. What a colorful variety of flowers you have. I enjoyed looking at your collages.

Jean said...

Beautiful photos, Suzanne! I'm glad you finally got over the snow. You sure have a lot of bloomin' goin' on! Jean

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Beautiful blooms. I love that white flower. I don't know what it is, but it's gorgeous. Pretty pinks.

Mumsy said...

I love flowers! So many beautiful blooms to sooth my tired soul..

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Suzanne,
Cool, look at those lovely color coordinated collages! Nice blooms there!

Thanks for your comment on my post.