Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shabby Chic Travel Bag

I've decided to try to sell a line of shabby chic travel bags. I actually think this tote could be used for a variety of purposes (cosmetics, fragrances, jewelry, lingerie, etc.) but for the time being I'll call it a "cosmetic bag." I think this is a viable product. It would make a fun gift with some crinkle paper and a few cosmetics or fragrances inside. They are feminine, roomy and practical. What more could you want?

This particular bag is made from fabric in the "Simplicity" line by 3 Sisters for Moda. This line has beautiful soft, subtle shades and I'll be making a few Cosmetic Bags from this line in the next few days.

7 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh, I love everything about this...the fabric is fabulous! Your shop looks great and I see you had your first sale today?!!
Congratulations. Natalie

kisa said...

This is really darling. Is that a broach or a button? Is this on Etsy, too? It really is fabulous.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the compliments, girls! It's a button -- pretty cute, huh?

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm so excited that your starting to make cosmetic bags! I would love one. You don't happen to take specific orders, do you? Say, one made out of the same material as my "Orangeade with a Twist of Lime" tote? :)

Tolentreasures said...

This is really nice. I, too love the button! Nice job!

Cathy

Jan said...

I love this!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with -- 'cause I will need one!

MiaKatia said...

Love them!