Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hey There, Cupcake !

The other day I was in a local fabric shop and came upon a pattern for a little girl's tote. This wasn't just any tote, it was a cupcake tote. I thought it was a cute idea and since I have occasion to make something for little girls (you know those adorable granddaughters I have...) I went ahead and bought the pattern with the intention of bringing it home and whipping up a dozen or so cupcakes. Unfortunately, when I stitched it up, I felt like the dimensions of the pattern were all wrong. Among other things the base of the "cupcake" was rectangular in shape and we all know that a cupcake slants upward. Well, at least the cupcakes I've eaten have angled upward ... and, honestly, I consider myself a bit of an expert.

So, I decided to change the recipe to my liking. I tweaked, and altered, and adjusted adding a little more sugar and spice and a little less flour. I topped it off with a generous dollop of frosting and crowned it with a cherry! Finally, it was a Cupcake I could be proud of...

So, tell me...
Do you think a little girl would find these good enough to eat?

The dimensions of this mini-tote are:
11" tall (including handle) x 8" wide at frosting - 4" wide at bottom x 3" deep

19 comments:

kisa said...

SO CUTE!!! Love it!

Kristi Chase said...

WAAAAAAAAY too cute! I just love it!

MiaKatia said...

This is a total 10 on the Awwww factor!

Shannon said...

Love it. Such a cute idea for a little girl!

Tudy said...

Those are so sweet. Any little girl would love them.

Kristen said...

So sweet! Love it! Perfect for my little one's toys that go everywhere with us.

Pudgeduck said...

The Cupcake Tote is the cutest ever!!!! I need a little granddaughter!!!!!

Jan said...

This could NOT be any cuter - -totally adorable!! You are amazing.

Kinzie Sue said...

Yummy! K and I have beek craving anything cupcake related, and these bags are super cute! way to go!

Renee said...

Hey, this is Renee, Mia's friend. I LOVE YOUR BLOG. You're a great sewer... is that a word? Anyway, I'll be back.

AnnieOfBlueGables said...

Pretty sweet, I'd say. Any grand daughter would LOVE carrying that around.
~a

Nancy said...

So clever-cute and great fabric!

Angela said...

That is so adorable.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I can only wish that I had some little ones to give this to. How wonderfully cute.

The tote arrived, and it is even more beautiful than the photo. Thank you.

The quality of workmanship in this piece is amazing. Wow! Such details. I will be mentioning it on my blog in the next few days.

So looking forward to putting that piece to work.

Jen

Raich said...

Super Adorable...You should post them on www.allthingscupcake.com.
ps I am not weird that i know that this website exists, I just found it when researching my lil girls first bday that was "Our Little Cupcake just turned One"

Suzanne said...

Raich, thank you so much for this suggestion. I appreciate it and I'll post something on that site after I get them listed on my Etsy shop!

devri said...

I love them

Jean said...

Susanne, these are just adorable! Love them! Jean

Renna said...

They are adorable!!!