Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summertime Decisions...

Sometimes decisions are so hard to come by. I've always been one to waffle a bit. I admire a person who can make a quick decision that stands the test of time. I ho and hum over the most simple things. Summertime decisions can be especially difficult. One that comes to mind is the question of which Popsicle flavor to choose at a particular time. One might ask herself the question, "Do I want the tangy thirst-quenching taste of a lime Popsicle or the sweet citrusy flavor of an orange Popsicle?" These are weighty decisions and worth a few minutes of deliberation. Yesterday, I had a similar moment of contemplation.

My mother and daughter (and her baby) have been visiting this week. As always we hit the streets with abandon and did a little shopping. Yesterday I came upon some hang-ups (purses) that I fell in love with. They are roomy, have multiple pockets and hiding places, and are bold in color. I knew I wanted one. That's where the dilemma arose. I quickly dismissed the brown, off-white, and mustard color, but that left me with the tangy color of lime or the sweet citrusy color of orange. Hmmm. I'm sure you can sympathize. This was a decision that required several moments of rumination. Finally, I decided on the refreshing color of lime. I was thrilled with my purchase, however this morning I went to my closet only to realize that I have a vast array of orange apparel. This prompted another decision...
I've come to the realization that being wishy-washy definitely has its advantages!