Monday, June 23, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday

Welcome Bloomin' Tuesday Friends,

This week has been a whirlwind. We have just been atwitter with excitement. First, my #4 son got engaged to a wonderful girl a week ago. They plan on getting married in October, so mutha here, has been all agog with getting plans in motion! Yippeee! I love a challenge. I have the following things arranged as of today ... the reception venue in Colorado ... the caterer ... the photographer ... the wedding cake ... the florist (oh man, she's good!) ... and the venue for the family dinner the night before the wedding in Utah. Not bad for 7 days work! Bride and groom get to fiddle with all the details, but it is so great having the basics done.

You can imagine with all this planning how "weddings" have been on my mind. This week I've been reminiscing about the last three weddings of my children and thinking about the wonderful times we had at those weddings and receptions. With all that, do you know what started blooming in my garden this week! Yup, roses. Roses have always been a favorite of ours for past weddings, so it seemed appropriate they would begin to display themselves this last week. I made a slide show of all the roses in our yard. The last three photos are the bridal bouquets of my daughter and daughters-in-law. All chose roses for their bridal bouquets -- but each bouquet was very different and unique -- just like they are! Enjoy...





Go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's blog to sign up to participate in Bloomin' Tuesday and/or to see other participants Bloomin' Tuesday posts!

11 comments:

Aiyana said...

First congratulations on the upcoming wedding of your son. The ring is beautiful. The slide show is wonderful. I really like the explosive effect as the roses get closer. How many rose bushes do you have?
Aiyana

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Congrats on the wedding!!! You have been a busy wedding planner already!!! That ring is so very pretty, petite and unique!!! I love the vintage look it has!!!
The rose slideshow is amazing as well!!! I love the one with the little bug hitchhiker on it!!

Deb said...

Congratulations to you all on the upcoming wedding. What a gorgeous engagement ring !!
The slide show is wonderful ~ beautiful images.

MiaKatia said...

Oh, I know which wedding picture is my favorite ;) I really love your blooming tuesday posts. You have such beautiful things growing all over your garden. The roses look so bright and so colorful!

Jean said...

Congrats on the engagement! Sounds like you have been very busy! Your roses are lovely. I don't think I could pick a favorite if I tried. Thanks for showing the bouquets. Amazing photos!

Laurie & Chris said...

Oh my goodness ! YOur rose garden must be amazing. Your slide show is great.

Suzanne said...

Aiyana - We do have a number of roses, but these pictures represent several photos of the same bush. :o)

Suzy said...

Congrats on your future daughter -in-love!!...wonderful slide show of your rose bushes and thanks for stoppin' by!

Deb said...

Loved the amazing slide show!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Great slide show, love all the flowers. Wanted to let you know you've been tagged, stroll on over to check it out. Hugs, RoseMarie

The Apron Queen said...

Congrats to your son. Your roses are gorgeous. Wish I had time to do more gardening. Stuck with the very simple stuff this yr: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/search/label/gardening


For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen