Monday, June 16, 2008

Dwipes (Diaper + Wipes) Mini-Tote

A few weeks ago I was talking with my daughter-in-law, Andi, and she mentioned her desire to start making some Dwipes Mini-Totes. (I have no idea what they are really called -- "Dwipes" is just a name I came up with to save myself from saying "Diaper & Wipes"!) These are apparently quite popular among young mothers. It is a small tote that one can store a small case of wet wipes and a couple of diapers in. This mini-tote can then be thrown in a glove compartment, purse, or diaper bag and you're ready to go. It especially comes in handy when you have more than one child in diapers of different sizes, because you can have two different mini-totes of different fabrics -- one for each child -- so you can grab the correct diaper at a glance. Carrying this type of tote in your hands to a restroom might be a little more subtle than a soggy child, package of wet-wipes, and a clean diaper! I offered to try to come up with a pattern and see if I could whip one up. Well, today I finally had the time to do just that! Here's what I came up with...mind you this is the first attempt.