Sunday, June 08, 2008

I've been tagged ...

Jean at Ms. Green Thumb Jean has tagged me to do a meme! The rules of the game get posted at the beginning of each post. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answers.

A.) What was I doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago my oldest child was 19 years old and in his first year of college, which means I still had six more children at home. At that time my children ranged in age from 9 to 19 years! I believe I had 5 teenagers at that time. It's an understatement when I say ... I was busy. Every night I took a looooong bubble bath.

B.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1.) Get out of bed. (done.)
2.) Go to church. (completed.)
3.) Make my husband feel special because I celebrated Father's Day with him today. He's going to be with his own dad for Father's Day, so we celebrated a week early. (did it!)
4.) Write my son, Chris, who is on a mission for our church. (yikes -got to get on it!)
5.) Talk to the kids on the phone. You know those 7 kids I was telling you about -- Well none of them live in Colorado! Two are in California, one in Idaho, one in Utah, one in Missouri, one in Tennessee, and one in Virginia! A lot of our time on Sunday is spent on the phone talking to our children! (5 phone calls completed.)

C.) Snacks I enjoy: I'm not sure there is enough space on this server to handle this question. I will give you a short list: Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwiches & Fudge Bars, Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch Snack, M&M's with Peanuts, Dairy Queen Blizzards with peanut butter cup and extra peanuts, the list goes on ... and on ... and on.

D.) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would buy a "Smith Vacation Compound," with a home for each of our kids and their families and one for my husband and I right smack dab in the middle of all their cabins/houses. The compound would be on the beach ... or in the mountains. Let's make that two "Smith Vacation Compounds" -- one on the beach and one in the mountains. We would use this "compound" to get together several times a year. I love the idea of having a college education fund for each of the grandchildren. I would find a worthy cause, like an orphanage -- maybe in the Dominican Republic -- that I would fund and help grow. I'd rather be involved in a cause that has a huge effect on a few people, than a little bit of an effect on many. I would pay an honest tithe and thank God for financial security.

E.) Places I have lived:
Salt Lake City, Utah
Los Gatos, California
San Luis Obispo, California
Provo, Utah
Orem, Utah
Boulder, Colorado
Longmont, Colorado


I will tag the following people:
Mia at Flashing Yellow Lights
Jenni at Self-Baked Pizza
Maryam at Forever Moore, Right Now
Judy at Monologuing