Monday, June 16, 2008

Drama Queen

Usually for my Bloomin' Tuesday posts, I like to show a variety of blossoms, but today I am limiting myself to just one variety. This flower is just too dramatic and spectacular to share the spotlight. The Peony. One of my all-time favorite flowers. It's gigantic, full blossoms demand attention and its sweet fragrance is heaven scent!

I have two varieties in my yard -- both of which are full-figured gals with voluptuous blossoms. We had a tardy spring this year, so they were a little late for their coming out party. This week they made their debut...
Could they possibly be any prettier?

Go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's blog to sign up to participate in Bloomin' Tuesday and/or to see other participants Bloomin' Tuesday posts!

12 comments:

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Beautiful and fast becoming one of my all time favorites!!! Yours are so big and and full!! So girly girl!!! Love 'em!
(I had never seen one in person until a recent trip to Oklahoma)

Dawn said...

Nothing more yummy than a peony...

Thanks for stopping in!!!

Suzy said...

Beautiful..they make such a lovely bouquet!

Deb said...

What a beautiful peony bouquet Suzanne! Love all the different coloured blooms.

No Rain said...

You only need one of these to have a spectacular post! The peonies are lovely. I think my favorite is the white. My son lives in Denver, and I think it's time to plan a trip to some cooler country!
Aiyana

hautemommy said...

The peonies are GORGEOUS! My favorite as well.. and I am slightly envious that you have them in your yard! ;) We don't have them in Southern Cali! It is funny, because this is my first Bloomin' tuesday post and I decided to post the peony also! (Only I wish they were growing in my garden haha!!!) xo!

Jean said...

Suzanne, Your peonies are amazing! Love the "ruffly" look of the soft pink one. Your house must smell wonderful from that beautiful bouquet. Thanks for sharing every week! Jean

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I love the smell of those.

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Ya'll just post all them there peonies you'd like, I don't have a peony. And yes, Ms Suzanne this vase of flowers are all you need. I can't think of any other flower that would be more beautiful. Girl, you just wait and see what I have found at the thrift tomorrow, start packing. Hugs, RoseMarie

Laurie & Chris said...

They are so pretty!!I don't have room for them or I would have all different colors of them. I love the bouquet!

Maryam said...

My grandmother actually had those as her wedding flower! I love Peonies so much.

Omgirl said...

I LOVE peonies. I planted some dark pink ones a few years ago. And I decided to plant some white ones to spice up the bouquet. well, they bloom two weeks apart from one another! One's dead before the other blooms. It's so sad!