Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Patio Furniture Redo . . .

I have several daughters who are not afraid of color. A couple of months ago one daughter chose a turquoise colored paint for me to use when I refinished a piece of furniture for her. Since then I've been dreaming in technicolor. The other day I had an idea as to how I should spice up some wrought iron patio furniture we've had for years. I've spray painted this furniture every few years to give it life, but the color it had been wearing the last few years was a pretty drab...


Here's the combination of colors I decided upon...
Warning: Please don sunglasses for the next few photos. 
{I can't be held responsible for burned corneas.}


Not only did I select one really bright paint, 
but I decided on two just to kick it up a bit!
Turquoise & Lime Green...


I used Rusto-oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Satin spray paint in "Lagoon" and "Eden." The beauty of spray painting wrought iron is you don't have to keep it the same color forever. Next year I can tone it down if I choose. Still every time I walk by my sliding glass door and glance out the window, I smile!


16 comments:

gail said...

oh my gosh suzanne! I love it! The two colors (and the cushions) are fabulous together! ohhh gee! I am so envious. I'm pretty much scared of color too! hahah
My set is black table and black chairs.... BUT I have TONS of spray paint of all colors... maybe if I get bored this summer...you really have me thinking! Thanks for a kick in the butt!
gail

Jenn said...

I love the fabric and paint choice - what a transformation!!!

Jboo said...

Oh wow -- that turned out beautiful! Love the green and turquoise together! You are amazing!

Janet

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

looks great,, i love those colors. But i tend to stay in the box and dont go for a lot of color at my house ,, maybe i should change that.

Sandy said...

OK, you've inspired me! I was going to re-paint my patio set a boring brown, but I think I will go with bright color now. I absolutely love lime green, so why not? Thanks for the inspiration!

Chris said...

Such a happy change. Who wouldn't love to dine out there?

Sonja said...

I love the paint colors that you chose. A just smiling whenever you see it was the worth the change. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lori said...

Love the paint colors! Great job!

Krystal said...

Love the pop of color!!!

Shannon said...

I love this!!!! It makes me want to look on craigslist for patio furniture and do the same thing!! I love how bright it is and when all your flowers are in full bloom it will be so happy out there!!! LOVE IT! Great job.

Mia said...

I love it! So bright and happy. I wish I would bite the bullet and be brave with color. It is so inviting.

Erin said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors!!! So bright and festive!! :)

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Love the color combination! I've been searching for turquoise spray paint. I'll check again for Rustoleum - thanks for sharing!

scrapfancy said...

I love this and the colors are great.

Suzanne said...

Colleen - Home Depot carries the paint that I used. I tried four other stores before I found the turquoise I needed at Home Depot!

Ianroniel Baluyut said...

I love the new colors of your set, they are so pleasing, specially the turquoise it looks so cool and refreshing to stare with.

Denver Patios