Sunday, May 01, 2011

Thankful Thoughts . . .

 What moved me this week?
&
What inspired me this week?

Though much of the world's attention was focused on Great Britain this week, there were many in the U.S. whose minds were pulled closer to home. My heart goes out to those in the southeast portion of the United States that were devastated by recent tornadoes and severe weather. Too many lives were lost, and so much property was destroyed. However, I was moved and inspired by the resiliency of the human spirit. Time after time reports were made of communities pulling together to help one another. In many instances individuals who had much of their earthy possessions and property destroyed voiced their gratitude for the divine protection of their family members. I'm grateful for the example of these individuals who demonstrate reliance on and gratitude for divine providence in the midst of such destruction and despair. It's inspiring.


What surprised me this week?

Spring has sprung in Colorado. We have yet to see consistently warm temperatures, however in spite of occasional cold snaps the trees are budding and flowers are blooming. Every day this week brought new growth. Here's an example of the blossoms that surprised me this week...