Monday, May 09, 2011

Ribbon & Ric-Rac Storage . . .

Here's a quick and easy storage idea for those of you who are inundated with loose and unruly strands of ribbon and ric-rac! A few weeks back I realized I needed to organize better and consolidate the ribbon and ric-rac that I had accumulated in three different drawers in my home. I wanted to organize these adornments into one location where they could be neatly stored. I had seen this idea on various blogs in the last couple of years, so decided this was the approach I wanted to take...


I bought old fashioned wooden clothes pins at Hobby Lobby and used these as dowels to wind the ribbon and ric rac around...


The end of the ribbon was secured with a pin...


Then I placed these neatly wound ribbons in a cute glass container, so I could easily see what materials I had available...


I stored both the ribbon and ric-rac in the same container, but I will eventually buy another container so I can have ribbon in one and ric-rac in another...


17 comments:

gail said...

clever, practical and very pretty storage solution! :)
thanks for your comment about the wedding "hens & chicks".
have a great day !!!
gail

Grammy Goodwill said...

Practical, as well as decorative.

virginiamae said...

So pretty! =) I need to fix mine since my daughter always unwinds it and runs around the house!

April Says... said...

I have mine like this as well! Love to have them as decoration :)
One thing you may want to do though - turn the pin around so it sticks into the wood -- I've stabbed and jabbed myself many times when I haven't done that! Saving you a finger stick! :)

Kristy said...

What a simple and sweet solution, love it!

*kelebekana*-* said...

iyi fikir ..

Kim @ Twigs and Twirls said...

I love this idea and I have been slowly converting all of my ribbons. I am using craft sticks instead of clothepins. They look great in the glass jars.

diane said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen that before. I am going to visit my sons family in Chandler. AZ next week, so I will go to Hobby Lobby. We don't have one in CA.

The Farmer's Attic said...

Great idea!!! I have plenty of trims and plenty of clothespins. Looks great too!

Thanks for sharing!

Lucy

Lesa said...

fun and pretty idea!

Karen said...

Love it! I have to run out and get some clothespins today! Thanks for sharing this!

Chris said...

Very cute idea and so neat and orderly! NICE!!

Ginger said...

I have awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award! Check it out here:
http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2011/05/kreativ-blogger-award-i-won.html

xoxo
Ginger
SSB

colorchic said...

what a great way to keep your ribbon neat and tidy! I'd love you to link up at Color Chic for Better with Ribbon Wednesday!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Thanks for sharing such a great idea! Love the idea and want to try it for myself.

Jennifer said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for the post. I've been looking for something along these lines for a while. I love it!

Stephanie said...

Awesome idea! I think I'm going to HL tomorrow to buy some clothespins. I have SO much ribbon and it's just thrown in a huge plastic baggy. It's hard to find anything. I can't wait to organize my ribbon!