Monday, May 16, 2011

Tag Toy . . . Leo the Lion

Have you ever wondered what to do with those annoying little snippets of ribbon and ric-rac that you often accumulate? They're too long to throw out but not long enough for a "real" project? The other day I created something using a number of little ribbons pieces that were found in my stash. You see, my friend Leo the Lion needed a mane. He had a attractive face, but in order to impress the ladies he needed a mane...


So I used some of those little pieces of ribbon and went to work to produce a mane that any lion would be proud of, and in the process I made a tag toy for a little one...


A month ago Julie, at the Ribbon Jar was kind enough to send me a little potpourri of ribbon snippets in hopes that they could be of use for a project or two. Some of those definitely came in handy when I spruced up Leo!


Tag toys are easy for babies to grab hold of and are wonderful tactile stimulation when different textures of ribbon are used. Making a tag toy is also a great way to use up all those little morsels of ribbon and ric-rac you have cluttering up your ribbon jars!


Linked to:
Strut Your Stuff Baby Ideas @ Somewhat Simple
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Hookin' Up with HOH
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic
20 Below Thursdays @ Christina's Adventures
Show Me What You Got @ Not Just a Housewife
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Trash to Treasure @ Your Sassy Sites
What's Up Wednesday @ Sew Woodsy
Running with Glitter Linky Party
Better with Ribbon Wednesday @ Color Chic
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off
Mad Skills Monday @ Support Blog for Moms of Boys

19 comments:

Candace@craftysisters-nc said...

You are amazing...this is SO cute again! :)

Brittney said...

This is SO cute! I know a few babies who wouldn't mind playing with one of these!

colorchic said...

Suzanne, so very cute! Love what you did with the May Ribbon! It's fun to see what creative people like yourself come up with when given a package of ribbon! I love your fun - whimsical style!

Jenny Wilson said...

I want to buy 'leo the lion'....
I don't know the first thing about sewing.... but i love your projects!

Lynn said...

Such a fun way to use up scraps!

Mia said...

You know how much my kiddos loved tags when they were little. Some lucky baby is going to LOVE this!

Chris said...

Very cute!! We have made little tag blankets for the grandbabies but this is way cuter!! :)

Dana said...

I'm hoping you share this pattern! I love it.

Judy said...

Love it!

Anna said...

How sweet is this, Suzanne? Your ideas astound me!

Jillian said...

So cute! I love the colors!

Lesa said...

I love the colors!

Katie said...

OMG... he's too cute! I'd love if you linked him up at Sew Woodsy weekly link party!

Emily S said...

I love this idea! What a cute little lion. Great job!

Emily
Deviantly Domesticated Team
http://stephaniehillberry.com

Christina said...

Oh Leo's so cute!! I may have to make something like this for my co-worker who is having a little boy this summer :)

Poddle said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I found you through Show Me What Ya Got on Not Just a Housewife and you've got yourself a new follower. You've inspired me - you make some really lovely stuff! Thank you for sharing!

Christina said...

I featured this today on my blog...come grab a "featured" button!! :)

http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/2011/05/features.html

Judy Creates said...

Love Love Love

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Love your blog! Is this ok to pin? http://pinterest.com/pin/108508672241603397/

julieann dot shahin at gmail.com