Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sailboat Applique

I know it seems like every project of mine lately has had something to do with infants. Not only do we have three grandbabies due in the next three months, but we also have three nieces that are expecting and due this summer! I hope the stork is taking extra-strength vitamins because he is going to be very, very busy delivering adorable bundles to our family and extended family! Last week I got busy creating for a couple of those bundles of joy who happen to be little boys...

I had bought a couple of baby boy outfits that had a sailboat "theme", so I wanted to add a receiving blanket to the mix with an appliqued sailboat on it. This is what I came up with...


I started with two pieces of flannel (1 1/4 yard each) for the top and bottom of the blanket. The top flannel had puffy white clouds, which was the perfect backdrop for the boat. I put the applique in one of the corners of the blanket. I made this blanket just like the other receiving blankets that I made recently -- ric-rac edges and all! 


This applique would be cute on a onesie, a child's pillow or any other item for the little sailor in your life! 


If you'd like the pattern for the applique, just make a comment below and email me with the words "Sailboat Applique" in the subject line of the email. Look to the right on my sidebar for my email address (under "Welcome" and "About Me"). I'll send the pattern in a word document. You can then resize the applique to your specifications.


Happy sailing!


Linked to:
Hookin' Up with HOH
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
20 Below Thursdays @ Christina's Adventures

18 comments:

Carol in Indian Springs Village said...

I am new to your blog via Ribbon Jar. This is precious and perfect for my new grand niece and nephew. Can you please send me the applique pattern? I will email you. Thanks!

Terrie said...

They're so sweet ! DIY gifts to our loved ones are precious, also enjoyable during the making as you're thinking of the ones whom will be receiving it.

Mabel said...

This is so cute! Please email me a copy of the pattern. You have such cute things in your posts, thanks for sharing with us.

rita said...

This pattern is so cute! I love all the cute things you do on your blog. I do not know how you seem to get so many projects done! Thanks for all the great ideas. I made the "Chick-sicles" for my grandchildren for Easter and one of my granddaughters talks about it all the time and the fact that it lives in the freezer! Please email me the pattern for the sailboat. Thank you!

chicks3 said...

This is perfect for grandbaby #3. I think I'm becoming your groupie!

Lynn said...

Suzanne this is just too cute!! You are so creative, I always enjoy coming to your blog.

Rebekah said...

So cute! I have {at least!} three pregnant friends and need a project to make for their baby showers. Love this-you are amazing!

Christina said...

Very sweet!!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

colorchic said...

So Sweet!

saaral said...

This looks too beautiful. I love the shades of blue.

saaral said...

It looks so beautiful. I love the shades of blue.

whistlebet57 said...

I am really enjoying your blog. I love the Sailboat Applique and would like the pattern. I have a grandson who loves boats and this is a great one.

Cassie said...

This is so cute!

Lynn said...

This is very cute and I can't wait to use it on something for my first grandson due in November!!!

Janet said...

I love the sailboat pattern. Would like to make a blanket for my great nephew. Thanks for sharing! Janet

Janet said...

Thanks you for sharing the sailboat applique.

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is so cute! I had to come up with a sailboat appliqué recently for a friend, but it wasn't even close to as darling as this one!

kim said...

I have searched for a cute sailboat for my twin grandsons blanket and this is perfect.