Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lil' Boy Pencil Pouch...

I have four adorable grandsons. You don't have to take my word for it. You can see for yourself...

I find it a bit difficult coming up with something I can make for the little men in my life. It's easy with girls. There are so many cute patterns and ideas out there for lil' girl purses, totes, etc. For boys it's more of a challenge. However, I'd do anything for these little cuties, so I'm definitely up to the challenge.

A couple of months ago I came upon this tutorial at "Noodlehead." It looked so easy and cute, so I bookmarked it. (Which generally means I file it away in never, never land.) Fortunately, the tutorial came to mind a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to make some pencil/crayon pouches for the grandsons for Easter. This is what I came up with...

These pencil pouches are 9" long x 5" high -- slightly different dimensions than on the tutorial. Perfect for housing some crayons, a pad of paper, and a treasured car, or (more likely) twenty dusty rocks these little ruffians find on the side of the road. You have to remember I had five little boys of my very own. I am very familiar with the modus operandi of male toddlers. I imagine the pouch could hold hundreds of rolly pollies. Let's pray we don't get a definite count on that.

I highly recommend the tutorial at Noodlehead. Thank you, Anna, for sharing your talents and ideas with us all!


Linking to:
"Be Inspired" @ Room to Inspire
Get Your Craft on @ Today's Creative Blog
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow