Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lil' Boy Pencil Pouch...

I have four adorable grandsons. You don't have to take my word for it. You can see for yourself...

I find it a bit difficult coming up with something I can make for the little men in my life. It's easy with girls. There are so many cute patterns and ideas out there for lil' girl purses, totes, etc. For boys it's more of a challenge. However, I'd do anything for these little cuties, so I'm definitely up to the challenge.

A couple of months ago I came upon this tutorial at "Noodlehead." It looked so easy and cute, so I bookmarked it. (Which generally means I file it away in never, never land.) Fortunately, the tutorial came to mind a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to make some pencil/crayon pouches for the grandsons for Easter. This is what I came up with...

These pencil pouches are 9" long x 5" high -- slightly different dimensions than on the tutorial. Perfect for housing some crayons, a pad of paper, and a treasured car, or (more likely) twenty dusty rocks these little ruffians find on the side of the road. You have to remember I had five little boys of my very own. I am very familiar with the modus operandi of male toddlers. I imagine the pouch could hold hundreds of rolly pollies. Let's pray we don't get a definite count on that.

I highly recommend the tutorial at Noodlehead. Thank you, Anna, for sharing your talents and ideas with us all!


Linking to:
"Be Inspired" @ Room to Inspire
Get Your Craft on @ Today's Creative Blog
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow

12 comments:

linda said...

These are perfect for your little cuties (and they are cuties!) You are such a talented seamstress, your family is very lucky!

I see you live in CO. We plan on moving to CO soon, hopefully by summer or early fall. It all just depends on the CA housing market! My parents live in Littleton. We like Littleton but really like Evergreen so we'll see where we end up.

My mom told us about your crazy weather last week. CRAZY!

Tina said...

Suzanne, these are fabulous!!! What a perfect Easter gift for your 4 gorgeous grandsons, they are all so adorable!! Your sewing is so professional looking - you inspire me all the time with your gorgeous creations! Thank you for sharing the link to this tutorial, I am certain my two youngest would love one of these each:) Funny to hear someone else 'bookmarks' things too:) Hope you have a wonderful day ~ Tina x

gail@myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

I have been known to bookmark things to never never land. I had to get a new computer, and I have book marked very FEW sites. However I do save pictures to an inspiration folder often. I'm rambling... your grandsons are too cute! Those are really nice pouches you made for them.
Ohhh, and let's not forget the little girls! How cute are they! You are truly blessed!
take care,
gail

Quilt Hollow said...

These would make awesome teacher gifties as well. :-) I'm so glad you share through blogging. Your young men are precious!!

Becky said...

Those boys are sooo cute! I don't think I would want to open one of those pouches after a little boy had hold of it! Something creepy crawly might come out! Very clever idea for a boy!

Room to Inspire said...

What a great idea! It is a bit harder with boys, but these are fabulous and I know they will all love them.

Chelsea

Tolentreasures said...

Your grandchildren are all so beautiful! Love those dresses on those little girls! And the mischievious on all those little boys, how adorable! Love the springtime gifts! Great idea for the boys.

Cathy

she wears flowers said...

I LOVE these! With all girls, I see them as good little girl-pouches, but I just LOVE them either way!

Anna said...

Oh Suzanne....these four little men are just so adorable..super super gorgeous.....and the pencil cases are equally as cute...how can you not spoil them!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog..and for your lovely comments..I do hope you swing by again. Anna :) x

MiaKatia said...

I of course am in love!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, those are incredibly adorable!

Room to Inspire said...

I am so glad you linked this project up to Be Inspired today - these are adorable!

Chelsea