Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A favorite...

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I had recently returned from visiting family in California. In addition to some fabulous shopping trips, we managed to go to a few favorite destinations. One of which I will tell you about now.

Tucked between Mission and San Carlos on 5th Street in Carmel is a fabulous romantic eatery called "Casonova Restaurant." This culinary hideaway has become a family favorite over the years. I can't imagine a trip to Carmel or Monterey without a stop at Casanova's. In fact most often our jaunts to Carmel are centered around a meal at this fabulous restaurant.

Old world charm greets you as you arrive...

As charming as the surroundings are, what keeps you coming back time after time is the fabulous food. Warning: You may need to jog around the block a time or two after reviewing these photos. Just casting your eyes upon these delicacies is enough to add a few pounds, but trust me when I say, "It's worth it." As you can tell, their focus is on the rustic, regional cuisine of France and Italy.

And here's a sampling of the desserts we ordered just to tease your taste buds...

And finally, a photo of the "Lavender Flan" they offer on their menu. Lavender never tasted so good...
The moral of this post is... If you're ever in the Carmel/Monterey area in northern California, stop by Casanova Restaurant. Once you've visited, you will consider my advice some of the best you've ever taken!

Have a wonderful day!