Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween

Lately, I've had more time than usual to peruse the internet. I've come upon a number of blogs with a DIY (do-it-yourself) attitude! I've realized, once again, that there are a whole lot of very talented and creative women out there. Yesterday I came upon a couple of blogs featuring easy Halloween decorations that I wanted to try.


This particular decoration is actually fairly unassuming.
It melds into the background...

until you light it...

and turn out the lights.

Then it becomes the center of attention...

A real show-stopper...


with its googley eyed goodness...

This idea came from Sarah, at Thrifty Decor Chick. Here's all you need to complete this cute project. Many of the items you might already have at home. If not, Hobby Lobby has all of its candles and votives on sale this week at 50% off. These votives were on sale for $1.50 each (they are larger than most) and the candles were $1.25 for six! Google eyes were $1.99 -- enough for two votives. I had the rolled gauze on hand...

Waaa-aa-aaaaa...