Tuesday, July 23, 2013

241 Tote...


I've been meaning to make this bag for awhile now. It's for a friend of mine that deserves a little something special...


This is such a simple, practical pattern and it's the most comfortable purse I've ever carried. The pattern was created by Anna at Noodlehead and is her "241 Tote Pattern." When I first bought this pattern I made about 10 bags for family and friends immediately. It's such a fun, easy pattern to follow.


I enlarged the pattern to make a bigger tote and added two pockets to the lining. One can never have too many pockets in a bag...


There are these roomy pockets on the outside of the bag too...


I bought the linen-like fabric from Fabricworm. It's from "Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen Parchment" line. I love this line of 100% cotton fabrics that have a linen look. The birdie fabric is from the "Noteworthy" line for Moda and the little "egg" fabric is from the "Aviary" line by 3 Sisters for Moda. I love how the fabrics play off each other without being too similar...


When I started my blog it was all about totes and purses. As I made this tote it felt kind of good to get back to my roots.

Don't forget to sign up for the Give Away I'm currently sponsoring for Dana from the "The Freckled Pear."  Go here for details.