Thursday, December 06, 2012

"Give a Hoot" Owl Pillow...


I mentioned yesterday I am trying to pare down Christmas this year, then we are going to celebrate Christmas more fully in June when we meet together for a family reunion at the beach. Getting a "little something" for everyone is still a bit of an undertaking, however, because we currently have 12 kids/kids-in-law and 12 grandchildren. {That number is always in flux!} Trying to come up with 24 "little" presents is proving to be a challenge! ;o)

The other day I fell back on a pattern I created some time ago. Little Taitum {our youngest grandchild -- just a month and a half old} needed a little something to open, so I made her a "Give a Hoot" Owl Pillow...


As you know, I often name the "Give a Hoot" Pillows I make. The name "Mattie" came to mind when I created this feminine version.


Taitum is a little young to have a pillow in her crib, but when she gets older I hope Mattie will comfort her and remind her that her grandparents love her!


Go here to find out how you can make one of these "Give a Hoot" pillows.

{Now I'm going back to my less-than-glamorous life -- time to mop the kitchen floor.}

3 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I love the colors in this one, so cheerful!

Chris O'Dorisio said...

Every one of those little "Hooties" is such a cutie! :) I used your tutorial last summer and made the pillows for all the grands to open when we had our family week at the beach. The kids loved them and still carry them around! Love your ideas! Thanks again Suzanne. :)

Nancy said...

Everything you make is adorable Suzanne..I'm sure little Taitum will love it when she is old enough to carry it around!