Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bowl -- Faux Bois Style


Yesterday I showed you an inexpensive way to bring a little woodsy appeal to your home via a technique with glass, silicone sealant, and spray paint...


Today I'm going to show another application in the form of a bowl. Same procedure -- just a different shape. I bought an inexpensive "Anchor Serving Bowl" bowl (again at Walmart) for about $3.
Then, I use the same technique that I demonstrated yesterday and made this Faux Bois bowl...


Some rustic vase filler from Target was added and it was done. These close-up shots don't really do these items justice. They look really cute from across the room.

I used the same spray paint and silicone that I'd used earlier, so the only expense this time was the $3 bowl.



Linked to:
Made by you Monday @ Skip to my Lou