Monday, December 10, 2012

Tandoori Chicken Burgers...


Occasionally, I will post a recipe or two on this blog. Usually, this time of year I add a sweet concoction of one type or another. This year, however, throughout the holidays I've been on a diet, so I haven't done one stitch of baking or candy making the last couple of months. Sad, but true. However (happily), these diet restrictions have helped me to lose weight, and I'm finding that my palate is changing from a "I want sweets and carbs continually" to a palate that craves veggies and protein. That's why I pinned this photo the other day. It's the perfect --  low in calorie / high in protein -- addition to my recipe box...


I've always loved anything cooked in a tandoor oven, but never made anything at home that had flavors that were close to what you can taste when you dine out at a traditional Indian restaurant till now. This "Tandoori Chicken Burger Recipe" is divine. I made it last night, and we loved it. Follow the recipe carefully. It's a little on the spicy side -- just the way we like it! The spices add so much flavor to the usually bland ground chicken (or turkey). Instead of using naan bread, we enclosed our burgers in a warmed 100 calorie Sandwich Thin bun to make it more like a traditional burger. I would have loved some naan surrounding it, but didn't have time to make any and our grocery store doesn't carry naan. Don't skimp on the creamy yogurt sauce served on top of this burger. The sauce is a must -- as it brings all the flavors together. Bon Appetit!