Thursday, October 04, 2012

Dwipe...


Some of my best projects have come from ideas given me by my daughters. Several years ago my daughter-in-law Andi asked me to make a diaper & wet wipe holder. From that request I designed a mini-tote for the parent on the go. I named it the "Dwipe" because the name reflected its use as a Diaper & Wipe mini-tote. Carrying this small tote and your child to a public restroom is much more convenient than trying to manage a child and a heavy diaper bag.


The other day I made a slightly modified version of my Dwipe and added a muslin fabric flower to the front...


I think the addition of this shabby muslin flower adds the perfect decorative touch to this already practical gift..


As I've mentioned our 12th grandbaby is due in November. My daughter chose this adorable print called "Pinfeathers Peacock" by Carina Gardner for her baby's Dwipe. She chose well.


In the next couple of weeks I'm going to write a tutorial for this cute and practical diaper carrier and make it available in my Etsy shop. This -- along with some wet wipes and a package of diapers -- makes a perfect gift for a new mother.