Thursday, October 04, 2012

Dwipe...


Some of my best projects have come from ideas given me by my daughters. Several years ago my daughter-in-law Andi asked me to make a diaper & wet wipe holder. From that request I designed a mini-tote for the parent on the go. I named it the "Dwipe" because the name reflected its use as a Diaper & Wipe mini-tote. Carrying this small tote and your child to a public restroom is much more convenient than trying to manage a child and a heavy diaper bag.


The other day I made a slightly modified version of my Dwipe and added a muslin fabric flower to the front...


I think the addition of this shabby muslin flower adds the perfect decorative touch to this already practical gift..


As I've mentioned our 12th grandbaby is due in November. My daughter chose this adorable print called "Pinfeathers Peacock" by Carina Gardner for her baby's Dwipe. She chose well.


In the next couple of weeks I'm going to write a tutorial for this cute and practical diaper carrier and make it available in my Etsy shop. This -- along with some wet wipes and a package of diapers -- makes a perfect gift for a new mother.


14 comments:

Sandy said...

Another awesome project! Thanks Suzanne :)

Kate said...

Your Dwindle is quite lovely .... wish there had been such lovely baby accessories around when I was having my babies. Congrats on grandchild #12 ... you are truly blessed.

Jan said...

I so love reading about your creative ideas - and am a big fan of the Dwipe! One of my favorite go-to shower gifts!

And on another note - -so sorry you are dealing with people stealing your ideas. I was pretty disgusted when I read that!

xoxo

nives said...

oooooo so cute :)

vexa said...

that flower is very cute detail! some kind of handle would be very useful too.

Noela said...

Love this especially your flower decoration. Very pretty and practical too.

The White Silk Purse (Dana) said...

Oh, hurray and thank you! I can hardly wait for the tutorial. I've wished and wished I could make these and that you'd provide a pattern/tutorial. I know they'll be the perfect gifts for the babies coming to our family!!

Annie of Blue Gables said...

Oh Wow, that flower just MAKES it!! I've always loved your dwipes. I'd love a pattern.

There will always be those who try to bring a sweet person down. I hope they don't succeed with you. And even though we have never met,I consider you a personal friend (since you know my childhood friend, Zoe). I love the small world stories.

hugs
~a

VickiT said...

Oh wow. I've seen many of these but never one I really wanted to make for one reason or another. Yours looks great and for sure one I'd love to make. I'll be watching for this one too.

Sharon Dawn said...

This is a great idea! Love the fabric and flower!!

Jillian said...

So cute! I love the fabric!

Chris said...

I really like your shabby rose addition, very cute accent! The fabric is adorable as well.

Lisa M said...

This is a great idea. I have purchased a hard plastic version of this in the past as a 'shower' gift, but your pretty fabric one is so much lovelier.

Mia said...

I love the peacock motif. I love it almost as much as the owl motif. I have been looking for something peacock-y for the house but haven't found the perfect thing yet.