Monday, October 15, 2012

Owl Refurbish...


The other day I was walking through a flea market looking for something I could repurpose into a fall decoration when my eyes lit on the owl below. My first response was, "Yikes.... that is one mangy looking owl. Who would ever buy that?" Five seconds later I was laying down some money...


It just so happens that I was looking for an ugly owl, and although this one looked a little more lethal {note talons as proof} than I would have liked, the price tag sold me. Two bucks is all she cost.

I figured with a facial and full body wrap she might amount to something, and she did...


Ahhhh... the power of paint.

As you can see, she is much happier with a new coat of paint. The anger has gone out of her and she has become an attractive autumn decoration with a pleasant facial expression. A day at the spa can do all that and more -- I should know.

Linked to:
Made by you Monday @ Skip to my Lou

10 comments:

Renee said...

"The anger has gone out of her"... so funny Suzanne, and of course, awesome job!

Chris said...

You make me smile! OK, now I can't wait to see how she is being used in your fall decorations. :) Great idea, its amazing what a little paint will do...and a little day at the spa! :)

Kate said...

What a great idea.

Jboo said...

Wow -- love how that turned out! Very cool and looks like such a sweet and happy owl now! Happy MOnday!

janet

Robin said...

Nice. I don't think it looked bad before, but I like that shade of blue.

Suzanne said...

Robin,
It's actually gray -- although a dark gray. She just looked a little scary before and now she looks a little more contemporary. ;o)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love what paint can do! Your owl looks fantastic Suzanne. :)

2 bucks! can't beat that price.

gail

Lisa M said...

Love this. Thanks for sharing your tips on how to decorate for little money. This owl and your recent pillow cover are fabulous.

Jillian said...

WOW! I cannot believe how good it turned out! It's amazing what some spray paint can do.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! About a year ago I did the same thing with 2 hideous owls figures! I know have a pretty bright tangerine orange owl and a sparkling turquoise one!!! How funny!!!