Monday, October 15, 2012

Owl Refurbish...


The other day I was walking through a flea market looking for something I could repurpose into a fall decoration when my eyes lit on the owl below. My first response was, "Yikes.... that is one mangy looking owl. Who would ever buy that?" Five seconds later I was laying down some money...


It just so happens that I was looking for an ugly owl, and although this one looked a little more lethal {note talons as proof} than I would have liked, the price tag sold me. Two bucks is all she cost.

I figured with a facial and full body wrap she might amount to something, and she did...


Ahhhh... the power of paint.

As you can see, she is much happier with a new coat of paint. The anger has gone out of her and she has become an attractive autumn decoration with a pleasant facial expression. A day at the spa can do all that and more -- I should know.

Linked to:
Made by you Monday @ Skip to my Lou