Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

What moved me this week?
I'm so grateful to be back in our home after a week in a hotel while renovations took place. That's what moved me this week. I often take things for granted. I don't mean to because I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life and for the blessings I've been given, but I tend to forget to acknowledge my bounties more often than not. When I walked through the door of our home after being away last week, it felt so good to be home.

What surprised me this week?
This week a sweet someone made and brought me a loaf of homemade, still warm, whole wheat bread and a jar of homemade peach jam. Need I say more?

What inspired me this week?
I'm inspired by individuals who are able to discern the needs of others. Before we moved into the hotel for the week a friend of mine brought me a packet. Inside were all the ingredients to make some cute Christmas tags. She had pre-cut and pre-stamped the paper and included scissors, brads, stamps, pads, glue and ribbon -- everything I need to make the tags. She even included two already made tags so I would have a pattern to follow. All this because she knew I would be stranded in a hotel room with little to do. She knows me. She knows how bored I get if I don't have a project or two on hand, so she gave me this packet to keep me busy. As I said, I'm inspired by individuals who are able to discern the needs of others.


MiaKatia said...

I love your list. I love that you got to go HOME! There is just no place quite like home. The bread sounds mmmmm yummy. The tags, what a great friend who really does know you and love you. So sweet!

Renna said...

You are blessed with good friends. I'd imagine they are equally as blessed to have you as a friend.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Excellent post! And what wonderful friends :-)

I, too, would have gone stir crazy. I'm afraid Hubby would have had to get a uhaul and move my sewing machine and many piles of fabric to the hotel just to keep me sane!! HA!

Wishing you the most wonderful Holiday Season!

Nate's Mom said...

What a lovely post. I just hopped over from...honestly, I'm not sure, because I spent the last half hour reading your blog and drooling over your bags. I will bookmark your blog. Maybe in January, when I can justify spending money on myself, I will see what bags you have available.

Feel free to stop by and say hi, if you want

Sheri in CA

devri said...

I love your list!!!

Maryam said...

Big hug!

Kristine said...

Wow! I am inspired! My neighbor is pregnant with triplets and in the hospital on bed rest because she is only 28 weeks and having contractions. I'm watching her girls in the mornings before school, but I love the idea of bringing her something to DO while she is sitting there day after day! Thanks for the idea!