Monday, December 08, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday

I'm always amazed at the resiliency of certain plants. It could be 20 degrees outside and in the midst of a mountain of snow a sprig stands tall. It's an amazing thing.

People can be much the same. The resilient individual seems better equipped to resist stress and adversity, cope with change or uncertainty, and recover faster and more wholly from traumatic or unexpected events in life. I've known people who stand tall under adversity and exhibit a resilient, irrepressible spirit. It's a wonder.

This week we had our first significant snowfall, and as I was shoveling I noticed a few examples of resilient willpower. Hope you enjoy...

To join in the fun or see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts, go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

10 comments:

Grammy said...

How inspiring. I love the frog in the snow.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, I just can't seem to think what it must be like to live somewhere where it snows and you have no plants for the winter! Your little frog looks so cute with a touch of snow just waiting for that first sign of spring!
Happy Blooming Tuesday to ya!
Love, Ann

Aiyana said...

I wonder where real frogs go in the winter. I never thought about it until I saw your photo!
You are right about resiliency in some plants and people. I read a book that stated that some people inherit a gene that provides the ability to be resilient to adversity, but that resiliency skills can also be learned.

Cacti are naturally resilient and can survive the most adverse conditions. Sort of like some people!

Aiyana

Tolentreasures said...

Great pics and great insights! I actually had daylilies still blooming here in Pa in November, unheard of!

Cathy

Darla said...

Those pics are so pretty. Love the little plants popping out of the snow.

Dee said...

I love your post! That strength in adversity is something that draws me to the desert. The plants and animals that call it hope are truly amazing.

playsdolls said...

You are so right about strength and adversity and your little plants sticking ot of the snow are a great way of showing it.Strong willed little plants that want to be seen.The little frog is so cute sitting there with snow on his head.

Jean said...

Wonderful post, Suzanne! We are getting rain here today and tomorrow so our snow is melting some. Jean

Carla said...

love the snow 'peekers':)
Thanks for sharing:)

Laurie and Chris said...

Burr!!! We have had enough snow here for awhile. It is warming up a bit but I'm afraid it is going to freeze.

I like your snowy pictures!