Monday, December 01, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday

We spent Thanksgiving week visiting family in northern California. It was heavenly. Even though Colorado has turned winter-brown, in northern California there are still flowers blooming. One day my daughter, mother, and I went shopping at Santana Row in San Jose. It's a beautiful outdoor pedestrian mall. It's worth visiting just to see the majestic potted urns and beautiful gardens lining the walkways. In preparation for the holidays the flower gardens were planted in red and white flowers and the planted urns were overflowing with luscious poinsettia plants. Here are some photos of those beauties...

In my opinion my cute daughter overshadows the flowers, but this picture shows you how tall and beautifully planted those urns are...

If you would like to see more Blooming Tuesday posts or if you would like to join in on the fun, go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

9 comments:

kisa said...

I like those lighter shade poinsettias. And that mall looks amazing. And Jillian looks fabulous! :)

Jean said...

Beautiful! The multi color ones are very interesting. Mr Linky is back so I'll sign you up. Jean

Grammy said...

Hi Suzanne, I love your pictures. I was at walmart yesterday and Did all I could not to buy a poinsettia. I may not be able to hold out much longer. I love the color. But I do not have a green thumb for indoor plants.
Have a great week.
Grammy

Aiyana said...

You are right. She is a cute daughter. I like the poinsettias in the second photo the best. Something different from the usual red. I'd like to borrow your Bloomin' Tuesday logo for the rest of the season if you don't mind. It looks great.
Aiyana

Carla said...

poinsettias are the perfect Christmas flower! Lovely daughter you have there, also:)

Dee said...

I love poinsettias too, but have never had much luck with them inside!

Darla said...

That's cool I posted poinsettias too. That is a cute little girl pictured there!

Laurie and Chris said...

Oh my the poinsettia's are so pretty. I really like the verigatted one.

Tins and Treasures said...

Your daughter looks darling!