Monday, July 14, 2014

Easy Peasy Puddin' Topped Cinnamon Rolls...


Three words. Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls. How I ever got to the ripe old age of 58 without ever having purchased a package of Rhodes Frozen Rolls is beyond me. I blame my mother, my friends, my family, my therapist and an obviously lousy advertising agency for this blatant oversight.


The other day I was perusing Pinterest and came upon a three-ingredient recipe for cinnamon rolls. I took the bait and clicked, only to discover one of the three ingredients is Rhodes Frozen Cinnamon Rolls. .

Whaaaa??? Up until that moment I never knew Rhodes made a frozen cinnamon roll. I obviously live in a cave. Vanilla pudding and butter are the other two ingredients in these Easy, Three Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls from the blog "Love of Family and Home." It was 104 degrees that day, so I pinned it and thought I would wait till fall to make them.

It just so happened the next day it was 79 degrees, so I thought I'd give the recipe a try. I'm not sure I'll ever make cinnamon rolls from scratch again. Why bother?


I didn't particularly follow the recipe, because I started making them in the early afternoon, and I forgot to put the pudding mix and butter on the top before the rolls had thawed out. I let them rise, then sprinkled the pudding mix and butter on the top being careful not to squish their perfect puffiness...


Then baked them to a beautiful golden brown...


The Cinnamon Rolls come with a little packet of cream cheese frosting {they thought of everything}, so that was spread over the top of these delectable pastries...


As one might expect the pudding and butter mixture created a crunchy sweet topping on the rolls, because, heaven knows, they weren't quite sweet enough. {I went a little easy on the pudding and butter, and they were still wonderful.} When my husband came home I told him about my cinnamon roll discovery and told him it would change my life forever. One of his favorite things is a good cinnamon roll, so he concurred it would change his life forever too!