Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Building...

Earlier this summer my husband and I traveled with a small group of friends and family to Alaska. It was an amazing trip. I fell in love with the pristine beauty in this part of our country. {You can read more about our trip here and here.} We took about a kajillion pictures -- a million of which turned out fabulous. I chose thirty that I loved and made a book about our adventure...




I've decided this is a fabulous way to chronicle a trip or event. I love the fact that you can add some comments of your own with the photos. I made this book at Blurb, but there are many different online publishing companies. I love how Blurb allows you to have full page photos or collages.

{This is just an endorsement, not an advertisement -- I'm not getting compensated in any way.}


Our book is about 20 pages and was $33. I have a special cover on it and chose a premium paper for that price. I love everything about it. It reminds me of the special time we had with our wonderful friends and family in this magical place...


I've decided this year to make a book for each one of our grandchildren for his/her birthday. Each one will be unique and will feature them in a different way, but it will be about shared experiences we've had with them. Should make for some fun projects throughout the year!