Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Building...

Earlier this summer my husband and I traveled with a small group of friends and family to Alaska. It was an amazing trip. I fell in love with the pristine beauty in this part of our country. {You can read more about our trip here and here.} We took about a kajillion pictures -- a million of which turned out fabulous. I chose thirty that I loved and made a book about our adventure...




I've decided this is a fabulous way to chronicle a trip or event. I love the fact that you can add some comments of your own with the photos. I made this book at Blurb, but there are many different online publishing companies. I love how Blurb allows you to have full page photos or collages.

{This is just an endorsement, not an advertisement -- I'm not getting compensated in any way.}


Our book is about 20 pages and was $33. I have a special cover on it and chose a premium paper for that price. I love everything about it. It reminds me of the special time we had with our wonderful friends and family in this magical place...


I've decided this year to make a book for each one of our grandchildren for his/her birthday. Each one will be unique and will feature them in a different way, but it will be about shared experiences we've had with them. Should make for some fun projects throughout the year!


5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That looks like an awesome trip that I want to take one day soon Suzanne! I did a similar book of our Glacier Teton Yellowstone adventure and love that the memories are right there to share.

Terrie said...

Looks professional and very good to keep the great moments in this way, other than only in a digital file.

Salmagundi said...

I've done several Blurb books, but the one I did with my pictures to Germany & France last year is my favorite. My 98-year-old mother-in-law loves the books I have done for her with family pictures. Blurb is a great resource!! Sally

Suzanne said...

Sally - That's a great idea for Christmas presents for great-grandparents or grandparents!

Secondhandmom.com said...

I love this book. Wow. I have never heard of blurb. Excited tomtrynthem out.