Monday, August 13, 2012

Birdie Bib...


I've been relaxing lately -- sitting in front of the TV much more than usual. It's been nice having something worthwhile to watch. The Olympics were inspiring. This weekend I did a little handwork as I kicked back. I was inspired by the embroidery work on this post at Soule Mama...


I used the adorable birdie transfer from that post, but fashioned my own bib. This one is for the grandbaby due in November, but I'm making a larger size for one year olds as well.


You can download the PDF pattern from the post mentioned above. 


I love the sweet little birds on this bib -- the baby bird waiting patiently on the vine and mama bird swooping in with a tidbit.


I chose a pumpkin colored fabric for the underside of the bib that matched the birdies. Ric-rac is peaking out from between the seam. Next time I'll sew that a little differently, so the ric-rac will be a little more obvious. {Live and learn.}


In a minute I'm going to start painting my kitchen, nook, and family room. Wish me luck. It's going to be a big job. Those rooms go the whole length of our house. I'll do the ceilings today. I hope to be able to stand up straight tomorrow. My husband teases me by saying that we've lost square footage in our home because I paint the walls so often. He speaks the truth. They don't really need to be painted, but I'm hankering for a change. Before I start, however, I'm going to go outside, enjoy my garden and power up with a little breakfast...


Wishing you a great day!

7 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Suzanne--love the bib, sooo cute!

good luck with the painting. I have some I started a couple of weeks ago that I need to finish. :(

take care!
gail

Maria said...

So cute.

pasqueflower said...

Adorable bib!
The painting sounds like quite a task, but you will love the fresh new look when it is finished, I'm sure.

Anesha said...

lovely bib, great backing fabric.

Ana Lopes said...

Hi Suzanne,

Absolutey lovely, the baby bird is so cute.

Hugs from Portugal

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

This is SO cute!!!! I love it. I want to make one now...

Mia said...

I love these! The bird motif is one of my favorites :)