Tuesday, December 06, 2011

December's Plaque Attack...


I'm interrupting my annual Christmas decorating to publish this post. If you knew the disastrous condition of my house right now you would question whether I should be sitting at my computer. In a few days my house will be tidy and neat, but during the time I am decorating it looks very, very scary with boxes, lights and tinsel strung everywhere. Regardless, here I am taking a few minutes to post my December 2011 Plaque Attacks. It's my {early} Christmas present to you!

As much as I like adorning our home with festive holiday decorations, some of the embellishments I love the most are those that remind me of the true meaning of Christmas. My December Plaque Attacks reflect those feelings. The first document is one of my favorite quotes by Neal A. Maxwell. It reminds me to look for opportunities of service no matter how busy I get during the holidays...


I didn't have time to make a plaque with the second document, but this scripture spoke to me Sunday as I was reading Luke...


Normally this scripture reads like this, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord," but Sunday it became more personal. I realized the angel wasn't only speaking to the shepherds as he heralded the birth of the Savior, but to me as well. This plaque denotes the personal relationship we can each have with the Savior.


For those new to the "Plaque Attack Club," each month I feature a new printable document. Know that you'll need to check back every month to receive each new document. Collect the following materials to make a plaque of your own:
  • 6 1/2" square wooden plaque {available online or at craft stores}
  • 1 piece of scrapbook paper 
  • acrylic craft paint to compliment your paper
  • Mod Podge {I like matte finish.}
  • paint brush
  • Rust-oleum Matte Clear Sealer
For a tutorial on how to make these plaques, go here!

I am offering both December Plaque Attacks in a single document for anyone requesting it. Simply leave a comment below and consider becoming a follower of my blog. Then send me an email (my email address is on my sidebar under "Welcome -- Contact Information") with the words "December Plaque Attacks" in the subject line of the email. I will return both plaque images in a single Microsoft Word document.


Merry Christmas! 

Link Parties:
Friday's Fun Finds @ kojo designs
Free for All Friday @ Sassy Sites
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Show Off Your Stuff Party @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just a Housewife

Visit thecsiproject.com