Tuesday, December 06, 2011

December's Plaque Attack...


I'm interrupting my annual Christmas decorating to publish this post. If you knew the disastrous condition of my house right now you would question whether I should be sitting at my computer. In a few days my house will be tidy and neat, but during the time I am decorating it looks very, very scary with boxes, lights and tinsel strung everywhere. Regardless, here I am taking a few minutes to post my December 2011 Plaque Attacks. It's my {early} Christmas present to you!

As much as I like adorning our home with festive holiday decorations, some of the embellishments I love the most are those that remind me of the true meaning of Christmas. My December Plaque Attacks reflect those feelings. The first document is one of my favorite quotes by Neal A. Maxwell. It reminds me to look for opportunities of service no matter how busy I get during the holidays...


I didn't have time to make a plaque with the second document, but this scripture spoke to me Sunday as I was reading Luke...


Normally this scripture reads like this, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord," but Sunday it became more personal. I realized the angel wasn't only speaking to the shepherds as he heralded the birth of the Savior, but to me as well. This plaque denotes the personal relationship we can each have with the Savior.


For those new to the "Plaque Attack Club," each month I feature a new printable document. Know that you'll need to check back every month to receive each new document. Collect the following materials to make a plaque of your own:
  • 6 1/2" square wooden plaque {available online or at craft stores}
  • 1 piece of scrapbook paper 
  • acrylic craft paint to compliment your paper
  • Mod Podge {I like matte finish.}
  • paint brush
  • Rust-oleum Matte Clear Sealer
For a tutorial on how to make these plaques, go here!

I am offering both December Plaque Attacks in a single document for anyone requesting it. Simply leave a comment below and consider becoming a follower of my blog. Then send me an email (my email address is on my sidebar under "Welcome -- Contact Information") with the words "December Plaque Attacks" in the subject line of the email. I will return both plaque images in a single Microsoft Word document.


Merry Christmas! 

Link Parties:
Friday's Fun Finds @ kojo designs
Free for All Friday @ Sassy Sites
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Show Off Your Stuff Party @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just a Housewife

Visit thecsiproject.com

39 comments:

kr said...

I love your plaques. I think I'm partial to the December ones. Thanks for sharing your talent!

gr8day2save said...

Very sweet idea, Suzanne. I love your website, follow you here and on Pinterest. I have a gift for you. Blessings, Nona@http://gr8day2save.com/2011/12/05/the-gifts-of-miscellaneous/

Hama Roska said...

Thank you for helping me to remember what the season is about.

Renee said...

Love all the plaques!! Thank you so much.

mom2amanda said...

I love Plaque Attack! Thank you so much.

Tanya said...

I would love this. Thank you.

Meredith said...

These are lovely quotes, I appreciate your willingness to share them with others. I would love to receive a copy of them to make something lovely for my home. Thank you!

CandyCane said...

This is so special Suzanne ~ just like you!
Thank you for sharing this truth with us...

Perfect Pair!! said...

I JUST discovered your blog....I have been here for hours now. Thank you so much for all of your creative and easy to follow crafts.
Also, congratulations on all of the grand babies. May 23rd I will become a "GiGi" for the first time. I will be attempting many of your crafts for him/her.
Blessings,
Gina

sewhappy said...

I love your December plauques! Thank you for sharing them - especially for those of us who are technologically challenged! gggg
I'm already a follower of your lovely blog.
Have a very Merry Christmas - full of room for the Reason for the Season indeed. :)

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Suzanne, Your plaque is really beautiful and I would love to have a copy so I could make my own. I've been following you via email and I'm now a gfc follower too.

Love your name by the way, that's my middle name.

Happy Holidays...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi Suzanne! I love your plaques, especially these! The finished one is so elegant.
xoxo
Joy

Jillian said...

I love this months plaque! What a great reminder of what Christmas is really about.

Pat H. said...

Love the plaques!!

Dianna F said...

Love your plaques! Thanks so much for sharing.

LeAnn ~ My Day In The Making said...

Love that quote! Perfect!

bountiful quilter said...

I am a follower and I love these plaques. Merry Christmas!

Tina said...

Beautiful! Love these!

Unknown said...

Suzanne, I was going to make one of your December plaques from last year, then I saw this Maxwell quote--Love it! Thank you for reinventing this wonderful idea and then freely sharing. Merry Christmas!

Ms. Elaine said...

love you plagues and would love to get them! sending an email!

Momto3 said...

Your plaques are inspiring and beautiful! Thanks.

Laura and Kaden said...

This is so nice! What a sweet way to remember the reason for the season.

Carsuch said...

These are gorgeous! It is so wonderful of you to share them each month!!!! Thank you!

Carsuch said...

I love these so much I just ordered 12 wood plaques to get started - they're adorable and I'm looking forward to having one for each month of the year. Thank you again for sharing!

Mimi said...

I love your plaques! Just found your blog and I think I'll hang out here awhile! Thanks! I'll be requesting these.

Mimi said...

Hi! Just found your blog and I love these plaques! I'll be requesting these and probably hanging out here awhile!

Grateful Gramma said...

Oops! Not sure how I missed December's plaques. Sending you an email. Thanks again!

lishuys said...

I love all your pplaques but my absolute favourite is the December one with the neal a maxwell quote. Wish I had seen it earlier last month. . . next year for sure. Thank YOU:)

lishuys said...

I love all your pplaques but my absolute favourite is the December one with the neal a maxwell quote. Wish I had seen it earlier last month. . . next year for sure. Thank YOU:)

lishuys said...

Love, Love the December plaque with the Neal A Maxwell plaque. Wish I had seen it last month . . . next year for sure:) *so happy inside*

girliegalz3 said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and already it is one of my favorite blogs to check daily!! Wish I would have found your blog sooner...for the plaques you did in December. Is there anyway to still get them?? I could start early on craft decorations for next christmas!! Thanks.. Courtney

Gina said...

Beautiful!!

Jamie Gupton said...

I am loving all of your beautiful plaques! The Christianity you distill in each one is especially appealing to me. Thank you!

Jessica said...

Can't wait to put this in my home.

Suzanne said...

I love this quote! Thank you!

Jean said...

You have so much talent, I come here often for inspiration. Thank You!

Francie Sartain said...

Saw your plaques on and would love to have a copy of the December one. Th
anks!

Raindrop said...

Just found your blog and website. I would love to have a copy of the December plaques in your December 6, 2011 post. Love both those quotes. Thank you!

Margaret

Sharon Texada said...

I love all your work. You are so talented. XXX