Monday, February 28, 2011

March "Plaque Attack" has arrived!


I'd like to start this post by saying "Thank You" to the many who sent such nice comments in their emails requesting last month's Plaque Attack and Young Women Value Plaque. I'm so sorry that I don't have time to respond back to you individually. Most often I just send the plaque document without a word, when I'd like to write you each a long email thanking you for your support. Please believe me when I say it is truly appreciated. 

In order to receive the document for this plaque,
please follow the instructions below...

For those new to the "Plaque Attack Club," last September I introduced a new monthly feature on my blog and named it "Plaque Attack." The best way to describe "Plaque Attack" is that it is a free plaque-of-the-month club. Each month -- a few days before a new month begins -- I will make a post featuring a new plaque. The plaque wording will reflect holidays or activities unique to the coming month.

 
Many have requested to be put on the email list to receive the plaque wording monthly. In actuality there is no "list." You'll need to check back every month and request the new plaque to receive the document. A number of ladies have sent me photos of their plaques or a link to a post after creating them. Nothing makes me happier than to see your wonderful and unique creations! It fabulous to see the different spin people put on the same basic idea. Please feel free to share your creations!


If you would like to make the plaque for March, please follow the instructions below...

You will need the following materials:
1- 6 1/2" square wooden plaque
(Plaques can now be purchased online here.)
1 - piece of scrapbook paper
craft paint / spray paint
Mod Podge
paint brush


Print the document off on a piece of scrapbook paper.  {Important Tip}  I learned a valuable lesson last month when I was making a plaque. Occasionally when I've made my plaques I've been disappointed because sometimes the ink bleeds a little when I apply the Mod Podge. I decided to try the product below to see if it would seal the ink on the paper, and it did...

That's Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover 2x Matte Clear Sealer. You can get it in the spray paint department at Home Depot or a similar product at Hobby Lobby, WalMart, etc. I printed the document on my scrapbook paper, and then I sprayed this clear sealer on it. Hold the can about 1 foot away from the paper and lightly spray it one direction and then the other direction. Just apply a light coating to set and seal the ink, so it doesn't bleed when you apply the Mod Podge. See how crisp the letters look below...


A 6 1/2" square wooden plaque can be purchased at most hobby stores. I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $1.47. I lightly sanded my plaque and painted on one coat of green acrylic craft paint. After the clear sealer has dried on your scrapbook paper, cut it to the desired size. Paint the front of your plaque with a thin layer of Mod Podge, then do the same to the back of the scrapbook paper and apply the paper to the front of the plaque. Make sure all bubbles under the surface of the paper have been eliminated and that the paper is nice and flat. Let dry. Then, liberally apply a finish coat of the Mod Podge over the entire front of the plaque to give it texture and sheen.Total cost approximately $2.50.


Remember: 
I'm offering this plaque free of charge to all. Just leave a comment below and shoot me an email with the words "March Plaque Attack" in the subject line. I'll return your email with the plaque image attached in a Microsoft Word document. My email address is on my sidebar under "Contact Information." 
 
 

Important: 
© By requesting this document via email you are agreeing not to sell the pattern or sell products with this pattern on them. You may make as many products as you would like for personal use or gifts.

Did you notice the cute fonts I used? These free fonts can easily be downloaded to your computer by going to {Kevin&Amanda.com}. They have hundreds of fabulous fonts for the taking. So kind of them to share their talents so freely!

Linked to:
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
20 Below @ Christina's Adventures
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
t2t Tuesday @ Sassy Sites
Mad Skills Monday @ Support Blog for Moms of Boys
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

119 comments:

annemarie said...

My Irish eyes are smiling when I see this plaque!!

Shell Turner said...

Hi there, I can't wait to get a copy of this. Email on its way.

Susi said...

Excited to make this one. Off to send an email. TFS

Malmbergs said...

Been anxiously awaiting this one. Thank you so much.

Leesa L said...

Love it! Thank you!

Alison said...

Yippee! I've been looking forward to this plaque. Looks beautiful! Thanks!

Jan said...

I have been using clear spray paint, for several years now, to seal in my ink on my printed pages. Any brand works fine as long as it is clear. I like you got tired of the bleeding inks and decided to try this and it worked. Have a great week.

Jill said...

Love it & thanks for the hint on the spray, can't wait to get it made.

Emily said...

I've never really decorated for St. Pat's day...but I think I'll have to start. Love this one!!

Julie said...

Great fun as usual, Suzanne! Thank you.

Christie said...

Looks great!

geraff said...

I have been excited for the March plaque for weeks! I only have TWO decorations for St. Patrick's Day, so I have been eagerly awaiting this to make my entry table so cute!

Thank you!

Leslie said...

HI, love this plaque - I am a mac user - not sure I can open the file but I would like to try. I will email you.

Bakersheaven said...

This is my 3rd plaque! I'm addicted! I can't wait for the new one to come out each month :)

dorineravn said...

Can't wait to add this to my St. Pat's decorations! I love it!!

Jill said...

Another fabulous plaque! Thanks!

anne said...

Thank you so much for offering these. While I was waiting for the March plaque, I made one for Read Across America Day with a quote from Dr. Seuss. Thanks again! I'm sending an email next.
Anne

Janna said...

I already have my plaque painted and ready for March! Thanks so much :)

Ricky said...

So cute. Can't wait to make it!!!

Annette said...

These are so cute! Always look forward to each new one!!!

Allred Family said...

So Cute...Cannot wait to try it!!!!

Staci said...

Can the plaque be enlarged to a 12 x 12? I have a tile that hangs in my front room, and it would be fun to change it up with monthly decor.

Nanbran said...

This is so cute...thank you!

ghs said...

Very Cute!

Steve said...

Love it!! Can't wait to make it! Thanks again! *Kimberley

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for continuing this series. I'm still making them for our home and for our childrens classrooms. They kids look forward to them every month. Thank you for all your hard work!

Colleen said...

Thanks!

Lindsey Empie said...

Thank you for being the creative mind for those who cannot fathom all of these creative lovely things.

Megs said...

What a seriously cute plaque! I can't wait to make it, and to see more!

Carolyn said...

Thanks, e-mail is on it's way. Very cute idea.

Maryam said...

Those fonts look so cute. You're getting better and better at these plaques!

fitgirl said...

Thanks so much...these are always so cute!

Mom said...

love it!

Sandra said...

such an easy craft!!! thanks for doing these :0)

Emily said...

Can't wait to make the March one! Already have a place picked out for it! Thanks!

twelve30 said...

Thanks for offering these plaques every month. I can't wait to see April's plaque. Thanks.
twelve30@gmail.com

Jillian said...

I love the different fonts! So so so cute!

Brittnie said...

love it!

michelle said...

I have been so excited for the march plaque attack...I love St Patrick's Day!

teamsalles said...

I love these! I can't wait until I have a whole years worth... makes my decorating so easy and everyone always compliments the plaques!

The Nowling Family said...

So Cute! I love these plaques!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

too darn cute! :)
I love it!
gail

Janeil said...

I look forward to these every month. You are so talented

jawebbtn said...

Love it! Just took down all the red and hearts today. Ready for some green!

stamphappy2001 said...

Love the fonts and I love the greenb, I have been anxiously awaiting this one so I can use green.

Amy said...

New Plaque Attack member - can't wait! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Gail said...

I can't wait to make this! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

This is cute! I love the different fonts! Stopping by from TCB.
Jen

Ana said...

This is such a cute idea. I have been dying for these during holidays. I need to have this at work :D


<3 Ana - NothingsBroken.com

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing! love this!!! I can't wait to try this!

Lynn said...

woo hoo I was also your 1000th follower!! Congrats!

Christine said...

Cute...as always! Thanks.

duree26 said...

I would love a copy of this...my email is duree26@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Paige

julie said...

Another month, another fabulous plaque. Thank you thank you!! Luck o the Irish!

Patt said...

So Cute...I am excited I stumbled upon your blog!!

Elizabeth said...

I love this March plaque. I am sending an email now.

Rita said...

thank you for your new plaque of Irish sayings, very nice -- looking forward to cornbeef and cabbage in 3 weeks. will send an email next!

The Broderick Family said...

Cute! Can't wait to make mine!

Bobber the Clown said...

Would love to make this...thanks!

Kristina said...

Love this times a millions! Making this for my mom!

Tanya said...

THanks. THis is cute.

Kelly said...

thanks! and thanks for sharing about ultra cover!

blsanko said...

Suzanne - you are so creative and so very generous to share your talent with all of us. Can't wait to do my first plaque. Thanks also for the "pinch" explanation! Barb

dubb and dawni said...

Another Cute plaque... Love it. Thanks for sharing

Heather said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work! Especially that we can enjoy these for FREE!! I love them :)

ryan said...

I Love this plaque--as I do ALL of them. Thank you so much for sharing. Also, I'm sending a copy of your Sunday post to my missionary son in Michigan. I know it will brighten his day!

Gail said...

Another great design Suzanne! Thanks so much and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Gail

Laurel {Make and Takes} said...

Such a cute and fun project! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

NewFarmChick said...

I've been waiting for this one!!

Kay said...

You make these little plaques so cute. Hope I have the right shade of green on hand. You are a real sweetheart for creating and sharing these with us! Kay

Jami said...

really cute love your stuff.

Becky said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and was delighted. Thank you so much for sharing your talents.

djohnson said...

Thanks so much for the idea. Can't wait to get started on mine

Tim and Meg said...

I LOVE this! Can't wait to get mine done and put on display:)

Christina said...

This is so cute and so nicely displayed! Great job! :)

Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

Dianna F said...

Love it! Thanks so much!

elle said...

Love the March plaque!

Pat H. said...

Love the March Plaque Attack. I have really enjoyed marking the change of months with this cute idea.

Julie said...

I love these. Thank you for all the time you put into them each month. Since we're moving in a few weeks, I hope to have this done for display in the new house.

Pat H. said...

Love the March Plaque Attack!!! Thanks!

Maggie said...

Love the color green you used for this plaque. Can't wait to get the file!!

sarah said...

I'm new to this! Love it! Can't wait to make my own one.

mimi said...

I LOVE THESE PLAQUES. YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS BLOGS FOR EASY AND AFFORDABLE CRAFTS & GIFTS.

ALICE

Lori said...

Cute!Cute!Cute! I am excited to use this. Off to send an email.

Deb Millet said...

Way cute plaque! Thanks so much-

angieb said...

I love these! Thanks so much for sharing with everyone.

Cathy said...

Love your plaques...sending my email now!

Lindsey said...

I love green! Can't wait to make this one :)

Vicki said...

I look forward to these every month.

Alyssa said...

Just happened across your blog & LOVE it. Will be sending my plaque request.

Survey Chick said...

Cute! I just love this one:)

Nettie's Jewels said...

I just love your work...you are so talented! Another cute one!
Lynette

Susan said...

WOW i love these and look forward to future ones as well....Off to send you an email!

Jackee said...

I'm so excited for the new plaque! LOVE IT!!!

Terri said...

Can't wait! Love the "pinch!" with the exclamation point. I can almost hear someone yelp! Thanks!

Chris, Jana and the Kids said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing!

April said...

Luh-huuuv it! So simple and cute...

Grateful Gramma said...

Love the colors!

Mary said...

I love all of your plaques! Thank you for being so generous!

Ginger said...

You have been featured on SSB! Check out your feature below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2011/03/mad-skills-monday-48.html

Be sure to snag the I was Featured button for your blog and come visit again soon with more fun and creative ideas!
xoxo
Ginger
SSB

Ginger said...

I love these little guys and I wanna join Plaque Attack! Can't wait to see what else you churn up!

foxfanchon said...

I love these plaques and want to make one for each month so by x-mas , I'll have a beautiful gift for my mother in law. Can I go backwards I have April and May ?

Jude said...

It's May, it's May, tra la!
I love your plaques so much -- thank you!

pamb said...

Please send me the St Patricks plaque! My daughter's best friend is getting married next St Patricks Day, and this will be a perfect Shower gift!! Thanks so much for creating it and you're an emerald-eyed saint for sharing!

cookiemom6 said...

Oh my goodness, time has flown by, and I'm behind. I was doing so good keeping up with this. I love these things, they are so cute. Could I please get caught up with March, April, and May? I appreciate all the work you put into theses plaques. Lately I just couldn't think of doing anything on my own. I have been on total brain fry. Copy, paste..I'm in. Thanks again!!

cookiemom6 said...

Oh my goodness, I'm behind. I was doing these every month, I love these things. Life has been too crazy lately..so could I please catch up with March, April, and May?
I appreciate the work you put into these plaques, makes my life a little easier..Thanks again.

Sachie said...

I stumbled across your blog while visiting my sister in New Mexico. I can't wait to explore it further! I LOVE this plaque idea! I'm thinking teacher's gifts!!! Thank you!

carla.evans said...

Just found this site from an old Ribbon Retreat blog. Love it!!

Grannie K said...

I would love all your plaque sayings. I just found your site today and I love this idea. It would make a great gift for a couple of my friends. Thank you for sharing your great ideas with us.

Mrs.Hacker said...

This is beautiful! I love your blog - I am now a follower! Please send me your word doc of this! :)

Carla Wade said...

as always, too cute!

Unknown said...

Wow just found your blog via interest. Can't wait to get my first plaque attack and browse all you tutorials. Thank you

Christa @ Controlling Craziness said...

Great idea. One of these days I'll get some plaques and email you for the quotes. I bet it would also look cute on canvas or just printed out in a frame. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

glassyladyks said...

Thank you! There is a new grandpa that would love to get this from his new grand-daughter!

cjtatman said...

Well thanks to Pinterest I have found you and I would love to receive your plaque attacks!!!!
cjtatman@msn.com

P.S. LOVE your snowball votive!!

Ryan Goris said...

Very excited to try my first plaque. I found you on Pinterest!

Ryan Goris said...

Looking forward to receiving my first plaque! What a great idea!!

Jenn said...

I loooove this!

Shar said...

I just found your blog and hope it is still working. I'm excited to receive the plaque of the month idea. I appreciate all your hard work. Thank you.