Monday, August 29, 2011

Bloomin' Tuesday . . .

My husband and I have been traveling a lot this summer, so you wouldn't think we'd want to plan another trip but this weekend we went on a short get-away. We drove up to Steamboat Springs (a few hours from our home) and stayed overnight. It was just the two of us and a million bike enthusiasts. Little did we know that we would be arriving smack dab in the middle of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. {Note to self: Perhaps I should consult a calendar of local events next time we plan an outing such as this.} Anywho, we had a fabulous time! Part of the adventure was the trip up Poudre Canyon and across the northern part of Colorado. It's simply beautiful. Since this is a Bloomin' Tuesday post, I'll show you a little of the flora we encountered along the way...




And just for good measure, here's a little fauna that we happened upon as well. These aren't the best photos I've ever taken. I was too busy trying not to get trampled by a cranky moose. One time I saw an irritated moose chase a photographer that wanted to have an up-close and personal photo session. A scene like that is something you never forget. Fortunately it ended well for the photographer.  I must say it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! I didn't want to entertain those around us like we had been entertained years ago, so I kept my distance and used my zoom lens! There were three moose and they were awesome...




In case you had trouble seeing all three, I'll help point them out! 


Linked to:
Bloomin' Tuesday @ Ms. Green Thumb Jeans
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes

18 comments:

gail said...

Suzanne-I LOVE that second picture! so awesome!
cranky moose eh? I'm glad you didn't entertain those around you. I think the moose could take you on!
gail

Jan said...

We love Steamboat! What great pics and how beautiful it is - making me miss Colorado today!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, what great pictures you took! I think if I saw a moose chasing a photographer I would fall over laughing. I was at the zoo once and a photographer really made a monkey mad and the monkey started throwing his poop at the photographer. It was hilarous!
Beautiful pictures, beautiful place and great pictures of the cranky moose!
Hugs, Ann

Darla said...

Looks like you got to see some beautiful country. I'm so glad you didn't aggravate the Moose!

Pam said...

I can't imagine getting up close and personal with one of those big guys! Fantastic pictures! Thanks for linking up to Garden Tuesday!

Renee said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to be able to travel more and see moose all walking around close by. Thanks for sharing!

Allison at Novice Life said...

Ohhhh great photos!

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a lovely area you live in. I've seen Moose only once and it was in Idaho. I'm visiting from Garden Tuesday and I hope you have a great day.
Sam

Kathe said...

We are so lucky to live in beautiful Colorado aren't we? Lovely pictures and what a great weekend to head to the hills (well, except for the bike race action). I followed you here from MsGreen"thumb"Jean's Tuesday party.

Beth said...

Colorado is so beautiful, Suzanne! You are fortunate to live in God's country! Thanks for sharing. By the way, I host a meme on the 15th of every month called Travel Near And Far. I'd love to have you link up if you like.
Blesings, Beth

Denise said...

Love the pics of the moose! They are so majestic.
My husband and I are cycling enthusiasts and have been watching the Pro Challenge and the beauty of the Rockies and Colorado is stunning! You live in a gorgeous part of the USA!

Abby said...

Looks like a beautiful day! Love the mooses...meese? :)
Stopping by from Garden Tuesday.

Carol said...

Beautiful shots! It's been far to many years since I've been to Colorado. I'll have to add it too my list of places to revisit soon :)

Connie said...

I don't blame you a bit about not getting too close to the moose. I have heard they can get quite cranky. A telephoto lens was the perfect answer. Love the stream/river shot.

Kalyan said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

J. Smith said...

Looks like a wonderful get away! Lovely pictures! Jean

Tolentreasures said...

Great pics, what fun!
Cathy

Deebi27 said...

Years ago, while visiting a friend who was living in Ft Collins, we went to Stamboat Springs for skying and the next day went Breckenridge for more skying. Although I didn't end the 2nd day as I had started it, I have always called Colorado "God's country" Such breath taking views at every turn!

I trust you won't ever become numb to the beauty of Colorado!