Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Application for February's Plaque Attack...


{ Go here for the original "February Plaque Attack" post! }

Last month one of my readers sent me an email letting me know how she used December's Plaque Attack document in an original way! She copied the document onto fabric and made a beautiful pillow. It gave me a great idea! I've used this same technique of copying images onto fabric before using my home printer, so this month I thought I'd show you another application for February's Plaque Attack in this adorable Valentine pillow that I made...


I love a frou frou pillow as much as the next woman, but every so often my heart yearns for a simple paneled pillow. This one fit the bill for me this time. 


I created a tutorial a few months ago about how to print on fabric from your home printer. Go here for that tutorial. It's a deliciously simple procedure! Simply follow the tutorial by printing your "February Plaque Attack" Word document onto a piece of fabric. I used a beautiful earthy, natural-looking muslin. I already had a 16" square pillow form, so I cut my pieces to fit that form. If you'd like to make a 16" pillow too, cut your fabric in the following sizes...


Please remember that this type of printing on fabric is not washable. If you get the ink wet it will bleed, so be aware of the purpose of your project and whether it will "last" under your circumstances!


You'll note that this plaque has red lettering rather than the black lettering that I originally used when I wrote the February Plaque Attack post. (Fonts courtesy of KevinandAmanda.com)

If you would like the red lettering to try a project like this please leave a comment below, then email me again. My email address is on my sidebar under "Contact Information".  

Just put "Red Letter February Plaque Attack" in the subject line of the email and I will shoot you back a document with both the black and red lettering. {Yes. You're right. I should have had both of these in my original document, but I didn't think of this project till later! Wish I could learn to be more organized! Ugh!!!}
 
Important: By requesting this document you agree not to sell copies of this document or sell products with this document on them. You may make as many copies as you would like for personal use or gifts.


Linked to:
Typography Challenge @ CSI
Saturday Soiree @ A Little Lovely
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Friday Fun Finds @ kojo designs
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Free for All Friday @ Sassy Sites
Hookin' Up with House of Hepworths
Get Your Craft on Thursday @ Life as Lori
Show Off Your Stuff Party @ Fireflies & Jellybeans