Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love Birds & a Preview for the February Plaque Attack!


I've been noticing many cute Valentine decorations in blogland. I don't generally decorate much for Valentine's Day, but I love the idea behind the holiday, and I look forward to expressing my love to the Valentines in my life by doing something special for them on that day. A few days ago I had an idea for a very simple and inexpensive Valentine decoration.

The first thing I did was go into my backyard and collect some twigs and branches...


Then I got my trusty can of glossy white spray paint and painted away. If it had been about 30 degrees warmer outside I would have done a better job painting those babies. As it was they got a light dusting of paint.
 

Before the paint dried, while it was still a littly tacky I sprinkled on some glitter to give the branches a little pizazz. I love the way the light plays off the glitter as the sun shines through our window throughout the day...


Then I placed the branches in a container and surrounded them with kisses. Literally.


Finally several groupings of love birds were added to these sparkly branches. I think "love birds" are an appropriate decoration for Valentines Day...



 But wait...there's more! 

Along with this grouping of love birds and kisses, 
there's a little something else that has been added! 

That's right, 
the February Plaque Attack is almost ready and
it is (bar none) my most favorite Plaque Attack yet!

Please don't email me with your request yet.
Just wait until the post on Monday to find out 
specific instructions on how to receive your Plaque Attack Document! 
(You can find out more about how to "join" the Plaque Attack Club on my sidebar!)


Have a great weekend!
  

Linked to:
Craftomaniac Monday @ Craftomaniac
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Saturday Soiree @ A Little Lovely
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors