Friday, October 08, 2010

Autumn Goodness

As I said last night I've been working on a project that should have taken about two minutes, but ended up taking a good portion of my time this week. I took a wicker stool that started out a stark white and, after a little spray paint and glaze, it ended up looking like this...
The fabulous thing about this little table-like-stool is that its new color perfectly matches some wicker furniture that currently resides on the patio in our backyard. So after her foray by my front door she will be relegated to the backyard to live with her friends.

There's nothing terribly exciting here. 
Just a few pictures of some pumpkiny goodness by my front door...
Get a load of that mum in the foreground. 
Isn't she gorgeous?!?
 We have an invasion...
I saw this bat idea over at No Biggie the other day. Don't you love this swarm of bats? You could cut the bats out with a die-cut or craft punch, but I just bought some stickers at Michael's and slapped them on! They were a Martha Stewart brand. Martha was on Oprah this week. As a promotion for her products there is a 50% off sticker for all of Martha Stewart's crafting products at Michael's this week. I bought my swarm of bats for a dollar-fifty. Just go here to print the coupon!
 I thought it was a cute idea for decorating a pumpkin before you carve it.
 Here's a photo of the wreath I have on our front door.
It's a nice, unasuming fall wreath
until you look a little
closer...
 I have a daughter that would avoid coming to our house for the month
of October if she knew there was a spider lurking
by the entrance of our home.
 
 You've got to admit she is a fabulous bedazzled arthropod.
Have a great day!