Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Panel Curtains...

Today I made the panel curtains for our laundry room. With the curtains finished the redo is complete. Oh dang. I just remembered. I still have to paint the inside of the double closet. I don't always paint a closet when I repaint a room. I must be one of those people that is more concerned about what people see on the outside than what they don't see on the inside. I know what you're thinking and you're probably right. A psychologist could have a heyday with that one. It either means I'm a shallow person OR that I only have so many hours in the day so I've learned to pick my battles. Ahem...In any case, I am almost finished with the room. I do intend to paint the closet this time.

I've used this HL canvas fabric for several pillows and a lamp shade recently, but none of those items are residing in my home, so it was high time I made a little something out of this fabulous fabric for my own enjoyment!

The window panels were so easy to make. I just sewed two pieces of fabric together -- the lining and the orange swirl fabric -- along the two long sides. I cut the lining fabric about 2" narrower than the orange fabric, so the orange fabric would have a 1 inch "hem" on the sides of the panel. Then I hemmed the tops and bottoms of the panel, installed the curtain rod and attached the clip rings. That's it. It took no time at all.

Easiest curtains ever!


17 comments:

Chris said...

So fun! I too have been revamping my laundry room. I love it...it's one of the places I spend a lot of time, it should be a delightful spot. Well done.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

These curtains are super super cute!

The Farmer's Attic said...

Very pretty!!! Bright and airy!! I love it!

Stacey said...

Suzanne that looks great! I love your fabric choice.

Julie Harward said...

They look just perfect for that room...Very cute...I love easy projects too! :D

Jeralee said...

I like the fabric you chose, it's very pretty and really adds to that space.

Melissa said...

Definitely happy fabric. I would say you choose your battles.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love that fabric too!! And your curtains turned out great. Those clip rings are really nice. I have seen them used so much lately. Your curtains just finished off your laundry room. Love & blessings from NC!

claudia b said...

I LOVE that fabric! It is gorgeous - great job!

Jillian said...

SO CUTE! I can't wait to see all the changes you have made to the house! I'm so excited!

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

The color looks SO GREAT with your oak! Really looks like it was meant to be!

Gayle said...

That fabric would be so perfect for my daughter's new room. Can you tell me where you got it?

Stephanie said...

Where did you find your clip rings? Those look so much easier than sewing loops!

PS - my in laws live in Longmont. I might just run into you yet! :)

trish said...

Oh wow! What a great transformation! :o)

inadvertent farmer said...

One can never go wrong with a happy color like orange...and add swirls and you've got something different and fun! Great job, Kim

Emelie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that fabric. Where did you get it? Those curtains look like something even I could accomplish! Thank you for sharing.

Em
athrftyfind.blogspot.com

Anna said...

very cool, love the orange. :)