Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Panel Curtains...

Today I made the panel curtains for our laundry room. With the curtains finished the redo is complete. Oh dang. I just remembered. I still have to paint the inside of the double closet. I don't always paint a closet when I repaint a room. I must be one of those people that is more concerned about what people see on the outside than what they don't see on the inside. I know what you're thinking and you're probably right. A psychologist could have a heyday with that one. It either means I'm a shallow person OR that I only have so many hours in the day so I've learned to pick my battles. Ahem...In any case, I am almost finished with the room. I do intend to paint the closet this time.

I've used this HL canvas fabric for several pillows and a lamp shade recently, but none of those items are residing in my home, so it was high time I made a little something out of this fabulous fabric for my own enjoyment!

The window panels were so easy to make. I just sewed two pieces of fabric together -- the lining and the orange swirl fabric -- along the two long sides. I cut the lining fabric about 2" narrower than the orange fabric, so the orange fabric would have a 1 inch "hem" on the sides of the panel. Then I hemmed the tops and bottoms of the panel, installed the curtain rod and attached the clip rings. That's it. It took no time at all.

Easiest curtains ever!