Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday...

Ahhh, the dog days of summer. Hot, sultry days when one hardly has the energy to pull up a lawn chair and take a nap. While we humans are tucking into air-conditioned buildings and relaxing in pools, the flowers and veggies in my garden are soaking up the rays like there's no tomorrow. Of course I have to water them morning and night to keep them energized, but they are in their glory.

Speaking of "glory" -- my Morning Glories are beginning to bloom. These plants reseed themselves yearly in the area they are planted and faithfully shoot up their gorgeous blossoms. In some climates these beauties are considered pests, but in Colorado they are easily controlled. I love going out to my garden in the morning and seeing these beauties...

Do you remember back to the first part of June just after we had installed our birdie fountain and I had planted a gajillion impatiens around it? If not, here's a photo to jog your memory. See all those little impatiens surrounding the fountain...

Well, here's a photo I took this morning from the same vantage point. The impatience have grown and filled in to the point that they are reaching the top of the fountain. So beautiful and lush!

And lets not forget these vine-ripened beauties. We've already tasted a few of these and they are delicious!

I've also got some cilantro and basil percolating in their own little container. The other day I made some salsa and guacomole with these fresh ingredients (cilantro and tomatoes) and it was fabulous. There's nothing better than plucked-from-the-garden ingredients!

Hope you have a wonderful Bloomin' Tuesday in your neck of the woods!

To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
visit Ms. Green Thumb Jeans.



18 comments:

Alea said...

Your morning glories are lovely. Impatients are one of my favorite flowers and your look so full and lush surrounding your fountain!

Sandy said...

I love your fountain.. was thinking of putting one somewhere in my yard.. thanks so much for your visit today.. lovely garden you have there!
Sandy
thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

perennialgardener said...

I love the first shot of the dog in the lawn chair, that cracked me up. ;) Wow those impatiens have really filled in and the fountain makes a nice centerpiece for that bed. :)

Jan LaFollette said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing me to your....I love it and am going to become a follower. Obviously, you are a lady with a lot of great ideas! Morning Glory has such a beautiful flower. My volunteers seem to have quit volunteering...guess I'll have to plant some new seeds. Loved your covered box idea, too. Great blog!

Jean said...

Your fountain is even more beautiful now that it was before. The impatience are perfect! I love the dark shade of your morning glories. Happy Bloomin' Tuesday! Jean

Julie Harward said...

WOW...the flowers around the fountain...just beautiful! :D

Becca's Dirt said...

Wow what a transformation in the fountain garden. Lovely way to greet the day with those beautiful morning glories.

Tudy said...

I love Morning Glories but never have any luck with them. Your flower look great and the tomatoes look ready to eat.

Sherry said...

The dog is so cute relaxing in the chair. I love the impatients, they have sure filled in. My tomatoes are way behind this year, yours look mouth watering good. Thanks for visiting my blog and for you kind comments.

Meg said...

I planted morning glories this year and can't wait for them to bloom.Yours are Glorious!!!!! Just gorgeous those impatiens too. I made fresh salsa last week and now my gran-daughter won't eat any other! Happy gardening, Meg

Melissa said...

I love seeing the update on your fountain!!

Maria Berg said...

water them morning and night to keep them energized, - yes they need water! I
make my kids play with lots of water on the grass next to the flower beds so they get water to!

I have a "Glory# that have two striped colors - if the bloom this year i can send you some seeds.

From time to time I write in English on my blog, but I do have a translation button for some help.
Take care,
MB

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Suzanne,
I just popped over to say hi! Everything is so beautiful!!!!
HUGS,
Cindy

Brandi Nell said...

Suzanne - WOW! You have such a green thumb! All of your plants are so beautiful!!

Memaw's memories said...

My brother and I were discussing Morning Glories at lunch. We have had to cut many of them out of the cotton fields. The runners tangle everything up and it makes a real mess. But they are a very pretty flower. They get out of control quickly here in the South.

Zoey said...

Love those morning glories and, WOW the impatiens garden is gorgeous!

inadvertent farmer said...

So I must be the only person in the world that cannot for the life of them grow a morning glory.

Have any secrets you would like to share??? Kim

Sabrina C. said...

Where did you get your fountain?

scarter67@comcast.net