Saturday, November 28, 2009

Enough Already

Are you getting tired of the placemats to pillows theme? Yes, I hear you. I've been known to obsess and beat a good idea to death. I promise this will be the last post for awhile on this subject, but I had to show you these last ones. I do love a good deal, and this was the best deal I've found yet...

Here are the specifics:

Placemat: $3.99 @ Target
Stuffing: Poly-Fil for $1.80 on sale @ Hobby Lobby
Time spent: 10 minutes per pillow (no exaggeration!)

I found these placemats at Target and couldn't resist them. They are a slightly furry fabric, which seems much more appropriate for a pillow than a placemat. They were "lined" so all I had to do was open up a hole in the seam, fill with a little stuffing and stitch the seam back up. (Go here for more detailed instructions.) I made eight -- yes, eight -- in a little over an hour. At under $6 each it's hard to come by a more affordable gift for friends for Christmas. Plus, they have the "cute factor" going for them...

One more reason to love Target.

Tonight I'm linking to Funky Junk Interior's "Saturday Nite Special." Go here to find more delightful decorating ideas!

Also linked to "Metamorphosis Monday" at Between Naps on the Porch for more creative finds!

And one more... Go to "Get your Craft On" at Today's Creative Blog for more ideas!

17 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

Lovely.
Oh...and your potato wagon...love that too! I have one that I got while stationed in Germany.

Kristine said...

That is so funny, I saw those at Target yesterday and thought of you! Hahaha! I actually bought some place mats to make into a few gift pillows :) Shhhh...don't tell my family how easy it is! I'm going for being impressive this year!

Julie said...

OMG! Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!!!!!!!!!!

dee dee said...

Wow, what cute gifts and projects! thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Those are so cute!

Kammy said...

Great job on those fluffys !
Kammy

Terry Stone said...

OMG, I would have never thought of that (found your blog from BNOTP). Wonderful idea and they turned out so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love these! They make perfect pillows! I love to see these done {it doesn't get old to me} ~ probably because I want to do them, too!

Mimi said...

Cute, cute pillows!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

LOVE the black one! I have seen this idea before but what really appeals to me about yours is the pattern running along one side. They look totally custom!

Thanks for linking up!

FJ Donna

Sandy said...

Just tooo cute, love them. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Renee said...

You've been so busy!!! I LOVE the holiday pillows and those little boxes are such a great idea. Your house looks beautiful too!!!

rosie's whimsy said...

Love all your pillows. Placemats come in such fun prints now ... hmm .... think I could piece some together to make my skirts ... there's a thought!!!

Adam & Wendy said...

love it! love it! so much in fact that i made one today (the black one). such a great gift idea too!!

GRAMEE said...

I did buy 2 cute place mats today (set)

1 for me one for my granddaughter!

thanks for all the ideas..

Angela said...

I looked at my Target yesterday and didn't see ANY cute placemats. I too was going to make some to give away. Very cute idea.

Son said...

That leather chair is mine.