Saturday, June 06, 2009

one of summer's little gifts...

I thought I'd share with you what summer was kind enough to bring to our doorstep. We have a patch of strawberries surrounding a little rock garden by our front door. I had to pick these scrumptious berries today before all the birds in our neighborhood heard the news that they were ripening. It only takes one bird with a big mouth beak to get the word out. Tomorrow those plants will be picked clean. Tonight, however, we'll be enjoying these on our ice cream.

11 comments:

GRAMEE said...

oh my goodness!
they look wonderful!
i left my rock garden in utah when we moved..i miss it!

Shannon said...

first the brownie sundae and now strawberries on ice cream...mom, seriously, you're killin me. now i'm craving that!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Those look like a food designer has primped and plumped, sprayed, and splashed them. They look perfect. To bad the berries you buy in the store never look that good.

Enjoy them.

Jen

Kristen said...

I love strawberries and those are gorgeous!

Quilt Hollow said...

Yum...I made a yummy strawberry spinach salad yesterday for my longarm meeting and then last night had a few chocolate covered strawberries. Love the season!

Pudgeduck said...

Beautiful!

Shawn said...

These look so perfect! Delish!
LOVE summer fruit....

MiaKatia said...

mmmmmm delicious :)

Tolentreasures said...

I am loving the strawberries this year! I have to buy them but the fresh ones from the auction are just so good! Let someone else worry about the birds!

Cathy

C-ingspots said...

Oh yum!!! There are just so many wonderful things to be thankful for and to enjoy in the summer. Strawberries are definitely one of the best!!

Kristi said...

Wow, those look so good. I almost want to reach my hand into my computer to pull them out. If only that was possible. Yum! Yum!