Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

This morning I wasn't sure I'd have time to take photos and post a Bloomin' Tuesday, but I'm glad I made the time. It gave me a moment or two to smell the roses -- literally. They were lovely. Heaven's to Betsy I've been busy lately! Seriously, I hardly know which way is up. I feel like my life has been hijacked by the wedding brigade. I think in a week or so things will calm down. I'm looking forward to greeting my long lost friend and sewing up a tote or two or three. The idea of sitting for a few hours, listening to the radio, and running some fabric through a machine is very appealing at the moment!

Today I took a few photos of some beauties that have appeared within the last couple of weeks. First we have a few shots of our clematis -- I love its purpley goodness...

Our cherries are ripening. I can usually count on making a cherry cobbler around the 4th of July, but they are a little late this year. I hope I can pick a bundle of them before the all the birds in the state of Colorado snarf them up. They are greedy little things, and after a week of plundering this tree they are each as fat as a beached whale. It's hard to blame them too much though when you take a look at these ripening beauties... yum.

My thanks to Jean who makes Bloomin' Tuesday possible. Mosey on over to her house to see what's blooming in her yard and other yards around the country today!

15 comments:

Fiesta said...

lovely clematis

Jan said...

Oh, gorgeous! Such beautiful colors!

Teresa said...

Now that is a happy clematis! And those cherries look delicious.

Sue said...

I'm into the purple and lavender flowers this year. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful flowers and hopefully life will slow down a bit for you soon. I hate that feeling of busy,busy,busy!
Take care, Sue

Annie of Blue Gables said...

I wish I could get a clematis to grow here. mine died.
Glad the wedding brigade is over in this house. All 6 are married and settling down. whew! That was a hard group of years.
good luck in all your wedding endeavors. And Happy 4th
xxoo
~a

Briana said...

Wow, wow, wow, that is a pretty clematis! Yummy cherries.

Jean said...

Your clematis is huge and I love it! The cherry shots are perfect with all the colors as they ripen. I'm glad you got a chance to stop and smell the roses today! Jean

Grammy said...

Hi Suzanne, I love the clematis, What a bounty on both of them! Weddings are a hand full. I had to do the food to last Aug for my youngest.

Chris said...

Suzanne your Clematis is just GORGEOUS!!! Any tips you care to share? I have one but this year it has really struggled. Part of it died out the day after it had the most beautiful blooms open up. It is only 2 or 3 years old, but it really looked like it was going to do well this spring and then BAM>>>half of it died! :( Again , I liked your game ideas. I am definitely going to use some of them in the next few months with the showers we have coming up. Thanks again for sharing! Happy 4th! :)

MiaKatia said...

Beautiful! I love your BT posts.

Suzanne said...

Chris - Here's my tip for the clematis. Right as it starts to bud out in the spring, cut all of it off to 12 inches from the ground. Yup, give that baby a buzz! They watch it take off! Just so you know, those are three plants next to each other, but they do become huge!!!

~~Rhonda said...

The clematis is wonderful! I love the cherries, too. I wish we had a cherry tree or two. I've been watching for fresh cherries in the grocery store, but no luck yet. ~~Rhoda

Elena said...

Your clmatis is gorgeous! Your cherries look yummy too. My sister just gave me a bunch of cherries from her tree and a made a big cherry crisp yesterday!

Chris said...

Thanks Suzanne, I am definitely going to try that next year! Hey I may even plant another one or two by it as well! :)

Kristine said...

Mmmm! I love cherries!