Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Odds 'n ends...

Today is another packing day. This week we're heading off on a short get-away to northern Idaho. Sandpoint to be exact. Beautiful scenery! I'm looking forward to it. We've been traveling a lot lately, and we've had a lot of fun, but I'm ready to settle down and stay home for awhile. We have a busy summer planned. This trip -- then our son is coming home from a 2 year church mission the end of June -- then a grandbaby due to arrive the beginning of August -- and a daughter's wedding the end of August. Sounds like a full summer with lots of planning and preparations. I'm thinking I better put my feet up, enjoy the beautiful lake and forested surroundings of Sandpoint, and start taking my vitamins, because when I get home I'm going to have to hit the ground running. The rest of the summer is going to be bizzzeeee!

Another tidbit... My birthday was a couple of weeks back and my mother gave me some money to buy something I'd love. (I love having money in my purse just for me. It's a heady feeling!) Anyway, the money sat tight in my wallet for a couple of weeks (somewhat unusual), but this week I found just the right thing to spend it on. When I locked my eyes on this comfy rattan bench, it made my heart sing! What's more -- it was on sale at my favorite go-to store. She looks like she's rattan, but she's actually made of polyester, so she'll hold up for years to come. Practicality and beauty -- a wonderful combination. Love the snazzy red cushion and pillow. Thank youuuu, mother!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Happy late birthday!!! Beautiful little couch!!!

Have a fun trip...your summer sounds full of fun and adventure! WOW! I hope you can keep up with it all! Vitamins sound like a really good idea! LOL! :)

Shannon said...

That's beautiful!!! Wow!

GRAMEE said...

sounds like some fun blogging coming up!

i love this bench!

and the pot next to it!!

Devri said...

She's beautiful just like you!

And I love that pink suitcase!

MiaKatia said...

Wow, I am tired just thinking about your busy summer. But I am always a little bit tired these days ;) I LOVE the new couch/bench. It is beautiful and I love the cushions too. What a great birthday find.

Have fun in Idaho and enjoy the company (send our love) and the scenery (pictures please) and put your feet up too (might be the last time this summer)!!

Kristen said...

Happy belated birthday!

Jan said...

LOVE the outdoor furniture - and happy BD to you!!

Enjoy the travel and then enjoy being home. I love both too.

Judy said...

Oh, I LIKE it. Have a great time in Idaho, with of rest and relaxation for your upcoming busy summer.

Kristi said...

Wow, it sounds like you have a really busy summer. But so many wonderful things are coming to your family.

I love the bench; it looks like the prefect place to put your feet up on. Enjoy!

Carla said...

Happy late birthday, and up coming RMson, and grandbaby!!!

Great find on that bench!!!!! Love your Bloomin' Tuesday collage:) GREAT colors! Have fun catching your breath before the action starts!! And enjoy that action:)

Shawn said...

LOVE Target! Love the wicker look!

My parents gave me a gift certificate to Target also for my birthday---but it would probably only pay for about 1/4 of that cool wicker loveseat, so I will have to budget. (sigh)

Happy Belated birthday---have fun traveling!

Pudgeduck said...

I do love your new bench! Have a great time -you are so lucky to have so many kids and grandkids!

Becky said...

Happy Belated Birthday, love the rattan sofa and all the other things I have been catching up on. Those measuring cups and spoons are the cutest. Just love the blackbird for the garden. I think he would be cute on my front porch for the cats to look at! You have been quite busy and I think that is a good thing! Luscious strawberries and pretty flowers, can't get much better than that! Happy traveling!